Which is the best gaming PC brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is the best gaming PC brand?

I'm saving up to get myself a new PC that is able to play UT3 and future FPS games. So I was wondering, which is the best gaming PC brand that doesn't overcharge me for a custom gaming PC?

Thanks in advance.

While I don't know what "brand" is the best for PC gaming, I do know that buying all the parts and building it yourself is probably the better choice out of anything.
    Sorry if I wasn't any help to you

Comment

Originally posted by fpsmajor View Post
      I'm saving up to get myself a new PC that is able to play UT3 and future FPS games. So I was wondering, which is the best gaming PC brand that doesn't overcharge me for a custom gaming PC?

Thanks in advance.
      Newegg

10chars

Comment

probably the best for gaming is gonna be some enthusiast shop thet build their own custom machines. I wouldn't go for a big brand name if you want a decent gaming rig.

For example: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/produc...php?groupid=43

This is just one of many shops on the net like this though, take a look around

Comment

Building a machine yourself is the cheapest and best way to get a proper piece of kit.

Comment

Originally posted by ]NIN[ View Post
            probably the best for gaming is gonna be some enthusiast shop thet build their own custom machines. I wouldn't go for a big brand name if you want a decent gaming rig.

For example: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/produc...php?groupid=43

This is just one of many shops on the net like this though, take a look around
            Thats where i get all my parts from.

Comment

Build a pc its a lot cheaper in the long run

Comment

Not only is it cheaper to build your own. It will last you longer.

Comment

Most high end online shops have a minimal build price if you don't fancy putting it together yourself. If you say what you have to spend then someone here will spec you a good system.

Comment

As has been said before here, the best and cheapest gaming PC is the one you build yourself, with parts you've researched about and chosen yourself.

Basically it's tailor made, everything will work together, performance will be momentous for the price.

Whereas if you bought it off Alienware or Dell or whatnot, you'd have to pay an extra 1 or 2 grand for the same thing.

Comment

wish my dell xps notebook was alienware lol. Think im gunna have to build a good desktop at some stage

Comment

Go with home built. That is the only way I ever go.

Not only do you save a ton of money and get a (usually) better system, you also know your PC better than anyone else, and can usually figure problems out a bit easier.

Comment

Home built is definately the cheapest, and best way to go, but if you REALLY need to buy from a brand, then the best gaming PCs would be from alienware and XPS. They're really expensive though

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                            Home built is definately the cheapest, and best way to go, but if you REALLY need to buy from a brand, then the best gaming PCs would be from alienware and XPS. They're really expensive though
                            Exactly, to get my system from a manufacturer, you would be lookin at a cool 2 grand, maybe 3 if you get ripped off. I only paid about 1200, and that is including Vista Ultimate, and a 22" WS lcd monitor.

Comment

Since the original question was about the 'best' system and not the 'cheapest' system, HardOCP used to do a series of articles that evaluated system builders. You could also check out another forum like Anandtech. For some people who aren't PC savvy, it's easier to buy a pre-built system that comes with good tech support and warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X