Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
    i like VCTF the way it is...i didnt really like vctf in UT2004...this way is better with the hoverboard and stuff
    Agreed

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i like VCTF the way it is...i didnt really like vctf in UT2004...this way is better with the hoverboard and stuff

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WOW what a kool server. Too bad nobody was on it when I was just on it. carrying the flag in the scorpion that was kool

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Allright..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Taboen View Post
    Too bad? Not really, would've been way overpowered
    I was saying that in a sardonic tone... Oh sorry, this is the internet - You can't hear it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Matfei View Post
    Too bad you can still see the flag.
    Too bad? Not really, would've been way overpowered

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Laggard View Post
    Flag in nightshade
    Too bad you can still see the flag.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Classic VCTF Download

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=598981

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Flag in nightshade

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I just added the speed freak on the server and people seem to like it with VCTF Classic with speed freak makes the game faster and seems to kick ***. Interesting

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by InvadrZIM View Post
    are you sure the scavenger should be on that list?
    Yes. It has only 200 health and, unlike the Manta, cannot easily dodge incoming fire. Getting a Scavenger to the enemy base in one piece is not trivial, let alone making it back to your own base.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Apathy View Post
    I don't hear people on VCTF servers ever whining about not being able to get into vehicles.
    Oc you don't, if I don't like something I avoid it and it would be really stupid of me to join a vctf server just to complain.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post
    wont that make winning too easy if you have one of the really powerful vehicles.
    I've been playing on that server and believe me, it's NOT easy. If you use the vehicles, you go slower than if you used your hoverboard, or even your feet! You can defend yourself, but it's definitely not easier! I give this server two thumbs up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *EDIT* Oops cross-post with Apathy

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
    VCTF in UT2004 was not only just about completely un-supported, it was actually hidden until a later patch. I don't hear people on VCTF servers ever whining about not being able to get into vehicles. Only people here that have it in their minds how they think the game should be are the ones complaining about it.
    Yeah, it was in the original game, but by default it just wouldn't appear in the list of gametypes until you had at least one or more VCTF maps installed.

I think it was patch 3355 or the one before it where vctf would be shown in the game list even without having a map installed (although what good it would do ya, I knew figured out ).

Personally I have no axe per-se to grind about game mechanics, and if a particular map plays well with flag runners barred from vehicles then so be it - but I just feel that at the moment, vctf is not much fun. :/

If a map includes the x-loc but is fun with it, then I'm cool.
    If a map includes custom vehicles and is fun with 'em then I'm cool also, and hell, I'll even play RPG vctf if the server is set up well & the regular players are cool - for me, it's what's fun that counts.

That's why I always try to stress that my particular qualm is just that the current maps are no fun if the flag runner can't jump into a vehicle - I'm positive that some mapper out there *could* build a map where the current stock game-mechanics are just fine, it's just that none of those ship with UT3.

Just to agree with Zim for a moment, I'd be pretty annoyed if someone joined a server & just bagged on the gametype all night, & I must admit that I certainly wouldn't, so (hopefully) it's not surprising that not many people harp on about not liking the current game mechanics, & in addition there's a whole influx of new players that came in with UT3 to whom the very idea of 2K4 vctf is alien.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    People complain about **** all the time, just never really hear anything about getting into vehicles with the flag.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X