Classic Vctf Is Back!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak View Post
    I was commenting the mutator used, not Benders server. You use Halo as an example and it's just wrong, you can throw anything into that sorry excuse of a game and everyone will go "ooo sweet". I have 100's of hours logged on i.e. 2k4 bloodgulch though and that's where my opinion come from.

No problem bud! Have a nice day

Cya

Comment

Dont flame the messenger ok. I like Benders server. I like Classic VTCF. If you dont like it dont play it geeze. Why complain about it? I dont care for the Gametype Warfare that much but you dont see me complaining about it.

Comment

Originally posted by AcidVenom View Post
        vCTF is one of favorite game types. I never played it on UT2k4, so I was curious as to what Classic vCTF was like. After reading the first post, I was very disppointed and hope this doesn't catch on in UT3. This would kill vCTF for me.
        Well it was in UT2k4 bud I played for 2 years I saw nobody b!!ch or complain about.

Comment

Loose the hoverboards (leave them for warfare) then make all vehicles locked UNTILL used by the team owning them, then they can be stolen that is classic VCTF not this thing you are talking about, also give both teams the same vehicles in other words both teams have axon vehicles or both teams have Necris vehicles not a mixture of both even the balance and i believe it will go along way toward encouraging more play...

<>quote Acidvenom,<>
          vCTF is one of favorite game types. I never played it on UT2k4, so I was curious as to what Classic vCTF was like. After reading the first post, I was very disppointed and hope this doesn't catch on in UT3. This would kill vCTF for me. This would make scoring way to easy. Maps would have to become enormous with AVRiLs in every locker to compinsate for being able to carry the flag in the vehicles. This will then casue problems as you will need a vehicle to get across the terrain, so there will be tons so every player can have a vehicle. This in turn then allows the enemy to easily get a vehicle to ride back to base.

Basically, I see all the vCTF maps becoming like the UT2k4 map AS-Trek series. Huge long maps that take a good 2 mins to cross the field by manta.<>end quote<>

no insult intended but you have no idea how well VCTF worked in 2k4 it worked very very well this new breed of VCTF is nothing at all like classic... and IMO nowhere as fun or balanced.

Comment

Well, considering that vctf was created by the community and then epic comes in and changes the whole game around, it's good to see it back to normal. That's the way Vctf was meant to be played - carry the flag with VEHICLES or any means there of! I used to think that it was to easy to score in vctf, the old fashion way where you could carry the flags in the vehicles, and it's not. It just takes teamwork and that's why vctf is so fun. Yeah, sure, the guy jumped into the levi with the flag at his base, but if the opposing team has enough raptors, no big deal. Vctf vehicles should be unlocked and we should be allowed to carry the flag in.

Comment

vCTF is one of favorite game types. I never played it on UT2k4, so I was curious as to what Classic vCTF was like. After reading the first post, I was very disppointed and hope this doesn't catch on in UT3. This would kill vCTF for me. This would make scoring way to easy. Maps would have to become enormous with AVRiLs in every locker to compinsate for being able to carry the flag in the vehicles. This will then casue problems as you will need a vehicle to get across the terrain, so there will be tons so every player can have a vehicle. This in turn then allows the enemy to easily get a vehicle to ride back to base.

Basically, I see all the vCTF maps becoming like the UT2k4 map AS-Trek series. Huge long maps that take a good 2 mins to cross the field by manta.
              I'm with Magwa on this - it was never a problem in 2K4, therefore why should it be a problem now?
              For sure there were *some* massive maps in 2k4, but they plain ole' didn't get as much play as the smaller, more fun maps - this is exactly as it should be.

Vehicles are not indestructi-leet machines, and it was never "too easy" to cap, it just didn't happen in real life, not when there's an entire enemy team trying to stop you.

Also, there were very few maps that had so many vehicles that every player had a seat, and the few that did were just **** so didn't get any play either.

I don't believe in being rude to people on forums, so please don't take this as me trying to be rude, but you're making a lot of assumptions about a gametype you never played, and unfortunately most of those assumptions are wrong.

Even if you didn't want to believe me, or any of the other long-time vctf players that make similar points to me, there would be an easy way you could verify if we're just making it up, which is to go & play a few rounds of 2K4 vctf on a decent map (I won't waste room here but I could make a few suggestions of good maps to try) - I'm sure there's still some servers & games running even now, you'll see for yourself pretty quickly how well it worked.

Comment

Well like I said, I never downloaded and played the UT2k4 version, so all I have to go by is the way it is in UT3. I'm willing to give it a try. I'm going to download the UT2k4 version later tonight.

The reason it sounds like I won't like this style of vCTF is because it just benifits the flag carrier. Being a flag runner, I love the rush of grabbing the flag and having everyone trying to kill me on the run back. With this, everything is the same except you have now given me the chance to have 300 to 1000? (whatever the levi hp are) body armor along with a faster mode of transportation. This takes quit a bit of that rush away. The only stock map I can think of that this will benifit is the eternal map, Corruption. But like I said, I'll download the UT2k4 version and give it a try.

Comment

..except you have now given me the chance to have 300 to 1000? (whatever the levi hp are) body armor along with a faster mode of transportation.
                  Reminds me of another important rule of VCTF: Never, ever, include a Levi in a VCTF-map.

Comment

Originally posted by ezekial View Post
                    Well, considering that vctf was created by the community and then epic comes in and changes the whole game around, it's good to see it back to normal. That's the way Vctf was meant to be played - carry the flag with VEHICLES or any means there of! I used to think that it was to easy to score in vctf, the old fashion way where you could carry the flags in the vehicles, and it's not. It just takes teamwork and that's why vctf is so fun. Yeah, sure, the guy jumped into the levi with the flag at his base, but if the opposing team has enough raptors, no big deal. Vctf vehicles should be unlocked and we should be allowed to carry the flag in.
                    I agree bud

Comment

are you sure the scavenger should be on that list? its kinda in the middle of a scorp and a manta.

and have you thought about it? having a pole sticking out of something thats round and spins would look interesting. would be a like a square wheel, Up, thump, spin, up thump, spin. like perpetual pole vaulting

Comment

Originally posted by InvadrZIM View Post
                        are you sure the scavenger should be on that list? its kinda in the middle of a scorp and a manta.

and have you thought about it? having a pole sticking out of something thats round and spins would look interesting. would be a like a square wheel, Up, thump, spin, up thump, spin. like perpetual pole vaulting
                        I suggest you take another look at the list you dont see scorp and a manta, raptor or cicada in the list

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
                          I suggest you take another look at the list you dont see scorp and a manta, raptor or cicada in the list
                          i was talking about the scavenger.....

i jsut mentioned the manta and scorp because its hard to classify the scav, its a middle ground between the two

and uhhh.....

* Darkwalker
                          * Goliath
                          * Hellbender
                          * Hellfire SPMA
                          * Leviathan
                          * Nemesis
                          * Nightshade
                          * Paladin
                          * Scavenger
                          * Scorpion
                          now who isn't reading?

Comment

I've actually become used to not getting into vehicles.. While it would be nice to get into a HellBender, I really don't see the need for it anymore. I really like the Hoverboard.

VCTF in UT2004 was not only just about completely un-supported, it was actually hidden until a later patch. I don't hear people on VCTF servers ever whining about not being able to get into vehicles. Only people here that have it in their minds how they think the game should be are the ones complaining about it.

While I'm not mad about not being able to get into vehicles, I still wouldn't mind it, but I would rather Epic put it in rather than it being modded in. Mods are fun and all, but will never be the core of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
                              I've actually become used to not getting into vehicles.. While it would be nice to get into a HellBender, I really don't see the need for it anymore. I really like the Hoverboard.

VCTF in UT2004 was not only just about completely un-supported, it was actually hidden until a later patch. I don't hear people on VCTF servers ever whining about not being able to get into vehicles. Only people here that have it in their minds how they think the game should be are the ones complaining about it.

While I'm not mad about not being able to get into vehicles, I still wouldn't mind it, but I would rather Epic put it in rather than it being modded in. Mods are fun and all, but will never be the core of the game.
                              whats the point of complaining in game? people shouldn't be complaining and playing they should be busy killing things

Comment

People complain about **** all the time, just never really hear anything about getting into vehicles with the flag.

Comment

Working...
                                X