Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Vctf Is Back!!!!

Well Classic VCTF IS BACK!!
    You can now carry the flag in ALL RED AND BLUE TEAM VEHICLES!!! ( All vehicles are "UNLOCKED!" )
    In other words if you grab the blue teams flag you can grab a blue teams vehicle!

* Darkwalker
    * Goliath
    * Hellbender
    * Hellfire SPMA
    * Leviathan
    * Nemesis
    * Nightshade
    * Paladin
    * Scavenger
    * Scorpion

Bender has decided to run this mutator on his server
    ( IMHO Its About Time! )

Just added the speed freak mutator

THE FLAG REMAINS VISABLE!!

Here is a pic..

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5159/flagnq9.jpg

Check out the server in browser look for

Under VCTF Gametype

#0 Benders Kick *** Server!!

Cya

wont that make winning too easy if you have one of the really powerful vehicles.

Comment

levi carry the flag oO

Comment

Sounds like fun
        Would speed the game up a bit eh

Comment

I dont thinks a Dark Walker would be a good vehicle to carry the flag in as slow as it is lol. But I guess it would be fun to try lol

Comment

Using Viper's self-destruct to kill your pursuers and at the same time catapult you towards your own base... pwnd!

Comment

Originally posted by Kentarii77 View Post
              Using Viper's self-destruct to kill your pursuers and at the same time catapult you towards your own base... pwnd!
              Guess you did not read the vehicles list. You cant carry the flag in Raptors, Manta's, Viper's or Cicada's pwnd! ( there not in the list lol )

Comment

The unlock feature must go and the hover boards too. The unlock will make stealing and piling the name of the game, and it will be hard for mappers to balance the loadout. The vehicles substitutes the trans loc so hover boards are just a dumb gimmick.

Comment

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak View Post
                  The unlock feature must go and the hover boards too. The unlock will make stealing and piling the name of the game, and it will be hard for mappers to balance the loadout. The vehicles substitutes the trans loc so hover boards are just a dumb gimmick.
                  Na it works fine dude. As far as the TransLocator there is one this server in both VCTF and CTF maps. His server runs both CTF and VCTF maps in the map Voting List. I like the Hoverboards. Guess you never played Bloodgulch in Halo. You could snag the enemies flag and snag the enemies vehicles. As popular as Bloodgulch was I did not see anybody complaining about snaging an enemies vehicles to carry the flag in. Anyways nobody said you have to play on Bender's server. If you dont like it you dont have to log onto it. It's just that simple!

Cya

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
                    Guess you did not read the vehicles list. You cant carry the flag in Raptors, Manta's, Viper's or Cicada's pwnd! ( there not in the list lol )
                    *cries* x10

Comment

Meh I'm staying away from that server

Comment

Originally posted by Giggity View Post
                        Meh I'm staying away from that server
                        Kool hehehe

Comment

I gotta find this server

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
                            Na it works fine dude. As far as the TransLocator there is one this server in both VCTF and CTF maps. His server runs both CTF and VCTF maps in the map Voting List. I like the Hoverboards. Guess you never played Bloodgulch in Halo. You could snag the enemies flag and snag the enemies vehicles. As popular as Bloodgulch was I did not see anybody complaining about snaging an enemies vehicles to carry the flag in. Anyways nobody said you have to play on Bender's server. If you dont like it you dont have to log onto it. It's just that simple!

Cya
                            I was commenting the mutator used, not Benders server. You use Halo as an example and it's just wrong, you can throw anything into that sorry excuse of a game and everyone will go "ooo sweet". I have 100's of hours logged on i.e. 2k4 bloodgulch though and that's where my opinion come from.

Comment

vCTF is one of favorite game types. I never played it on UT2k4, so I was curious as to what Classic vCTF was like. After reading the first post, I was very disppointed and hope this doesn't catch on in UT3. This would kill vCTF for me. This would make scoring way to easy. Maps would have to become enormous with AVRiLs in every locker to compinsate for being able to carry the flag in the vehicles. This will then casue problems as you will need a vehicle to get across the terrain, so there will be tons so every player can have a vehicle. This in turn then allows the enemy to easily get a vehicle to ride back to base.

Basically, I see all the vCTF maps becoming like the UT2k4 map AS-Trek series. Huge long maps that take a good 2 mins to cross the field by manta.

Comment

Working...
                              X