AIData? Anybody figured anything out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AIData? Anybody figured anything out?

Has anybody figured out what to change the AIData's to? Is it Aggresiveness or Accuracy that's making the AI superhuman on novice? Or something else?

Alright I figured it out. Can't believe it worked the first time, lol.

In the UT3 Config folder, I opened the CustomChar with notepad. Then I searched for aidata. And any of the Accuracy or Aggressiveness settings that were over 0. 5 (for some reason there's a space after the .), I changed them to 0. 5. I think there were only 3. 2 accuracies at 1.0, and 1 aggressiveness at 0. 6. Iirc.

Anyway, it runs great now. All the shots they got against me on Novice, felt good, not cheap. Actually a few made me laugh because they felt like playing against a decent player and not a computer at all. This was on VCTF, my fav. Didn't try DM yet.

OK well good luck to anybody that needed this!

Comment

nice find dude. A lot of folks who are having issues with the bot skill will be happy if this works for them.

Comment

I think a bigger issue is their reaction time. If you burst out from around a corner, it should take them a moment to find you. At present they hit you the moment you're visible, which is especially devastating when they're in a turret. Accuracy decreases may make them miss more often, but they'll still react instantly...

Comment

Indeed, they ALWAYS have 360deg of vision, just like a cheater with an aimbot. Even on the lowest settings in the AIData (0.1 for all) and easiest skill it feels like I am fighting against a botter who is lagging. They react isntantly and fire before I am visible, but miss a hair more often. Still highly unrealistic.

Comment

I played it for awhile today and the bots on VCTF will still nail you good if you slip, but if you don't they won't get you. It feels smart to me and I've been enjoying it alot, but it lacks the softer feel of the retail version.

On DM, they still get fast hits every once in a while, and sometimes the bots will just stand there and fire at you, but again to me it feels smart overall. there's nothing deadly about it anymore.

The only other thing I would try would be to set the Accuracies and Aggresiveness to 0. 4, and leave everything else the way it is. And don't forget the space after the . , because this is how it originally is in the file. I don't know if it matters or not, but I'm no programmer. Just a little intuitive.

I'm going to leave my game at 0. 5 because it's workin for me, so if somebody else wants to try it and report back, I'm sure some people would appreciate it. Tx!

Comment

Here's an extarct from AI scripts (for some hotheaded 'l33t' nuts - the comments are made by Epic coders, not me. See UT3 source scripts (UTGame\Classes\UTBot.uc, line 148 - 161) ) >

Code:
              // modifiable AI attributes
              var float			BaseAlertness;
              var float			Accuracy;			// -1 to 1 (0 is default, higher is more accurate)
              var	float		    BaseAggressiveness; // 0 to 1 (0.3 default, higher is more aggressive)
              var	float			StrafingAbility;	// -1 to 1 (higher uses strafing more)
              var	float			CombatStyle;		// -1 to 1 = low means tends to stay off and snipe, high means tends to charge and melee
              var float			Tactics;
              var float			TranslocUse;		// 0 to 1 - higher means more likely to use
              var float			ReactionTime;
              var float			Jumpiness;			// 0 to 1
              var class<Weapon>	FavoriteWeapon;
              var float			DodgeToGoalPct;
              var float OldMessageTime;				// to limit frequency of voice messages
              var float			HearingThreshold;	// distance at which bot will notice noises.
              You can add some of these variables to AIdata in CustomChars.ini

I don't know if DodgeToGoalPct, OldMessageTime and HearingThreshold work but the others do

About FavoriteWeapon - bot won't always use it, but this is taken into account by it's logic when selecting weapon or/and going for pick-ups

Comment

The reactiontimes are too low of every bot, even Novice. Instagib against bots is very weird atm.

Comment

If only someone can harness this knowledge somehow and create a rudimentary frontend to adjust these values before a botmatch, that would be sweet

Comment

Originally posted by BooRad View Post
                    If only someone can harness this knowledge somehow and create a rudimentary frontend to adjust these values before a botmatch, that would be sweet
                    3leggedfreak has suggested this. il look in to adding it as a feature of the UT3T

Comment

What values are the reaction time and awareness variables looking for? I haven't really been able to garner much results. I managed to slow down how quickly they turn around, but if you're in their line of sight they still get off those near-instant shots.

Comment

Now that we know which values to adjust for custom bot behaviour, is it also possible to create a brand new custom bot from scratch in the customchar.ini, using existing models, extra pieces and aidata?

Comment

Originally posted by BooRad View Post
                          Now that we know which values to adjust for custom bot behaviour, is it also possible to create a brand new custom bot from scratch in the customchar.ini, using existing models, extra pieces and aidata?
                          I've been doing that for quite a while.

Corrosion (uses a Liandri head that's not used by default) You'll need to enable the head with this line :
                          Code:
                          Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="CH_Corrupt_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_Corrupt_Male_Head05",PartID="E",FamilyID="LIAM")
                          Code:
                          Characters=(CharName="Corrosion",Description="Level 9 security clearance required.",CharID="N",bLocked="false",Faction="Liandri",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character.UI_Portrait_Character_Liandri_Male_Head05>",CharData=(FamilyID="LIAM",HeadID="E",FacemaskID="B",TorsoID="A",ShoPadID="C",bHasLeftShoPad=True,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsID="C",ThighsID="A",BootsID="B"),AIData=(Accuracy=0.4,StrafingAbility=1.0,Tactics=1.0,Jumpiness=0.25,FavoriteWeapon="UTGame.UTWeap_Stinger"))
                          Torch (recently released shades required, uses a head not available by default, shared by Johnson and Talan) : http://boards.polycount.net/showflat...57&Main=254447

Code:
                          Characters=(CharName="Torch",Description="He isn't much for talking, but when you're giving orders you don't want to be yelling over your men.  If there's a point to be made, Torch prefers to make it with raw firepower. ",CharID="Q",bLocked="true",Faction="Ironguard",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character.UI_Portrait_Character_Ironguard_Male_Head04>",CharData=(FamilyID="IRNM",HeadID="D",GogglesID="Oakley",FacemaskID="B",TorsoID="C",ShoPadID="B",bHasLeftShoPad=True,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsID="C",ThighsID="A",BootsID="A"),AIData=(ReactionTime=0.0001,HearingThreshold=0.001,BaseAlterness=0.0001))
                          Grave (A Krall designed to look like the unarmored Krall in the cinematics.)

Code:
                          Characters=(CharName="Grave",Description="<Strings:UTGameUI.CharLocData.Scorn_Description>",CharID="Q",bLocked="true",Faction="Krall",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character.UI_Portrait_Character_Krall_Male_Head04>",CharData=(FamilyID="KRAM",HeadID="A",TorsoID="A",ShoPadID="A",bHasLeftShoPad=false,bHasRightShoPad=false,ArmsID="A",ThighsID="A"),AIData=(ReactionTime=0.0001,HearingThreshold=0.001,BaseAlterness=0.0001))
                          You may want to tweak the AI settings, I haven't extensive AI tweaking yet. And you'll want to set them to blocked="false" if you want them selectable in the player model select...

Comment

Working...
                          X