Change Nick without creating a new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Nick without creating a new?

Hi, is there any Way to Change my ingame UT3 Nickname without creating a new Account?
    I have to change my Ingame Nick (want add .jW to the exist) but i dont want loose my Stats.

Been playing around with that today too and so I just hijack your thread m8. :P

My basic question: Has anyone here managed to change the UT3 ingame nick by using the www.gamespyid.com page? I seriously wonder why the hell this page has a function to select and change your different UT3 profiles when it actually doesn't have any effect at all ingame! :/

Comment

Install on server mutator, that allow you to change name. Only for users who not lazy to read readme.txt as it requires knowing of syntax in order to change name from console.

The syntax is:

mutate setalias <name>

Comment

I changed & messed about with the gamespyid page on the beta, but it doesn't change your ingame nick or login. You can't change your password either & you can't delete a name once you registered it which is REALLY screwed up. So make sure you don't make a mistake first time.
        For example when I first started trying to create a name, which was the day the beta came out, I started with ]NIN[ & got the answer your name has been taken.
        I was like wtf!!!. Anyway.
        I went on to try -]NIN[- still taken.
        I then went to _-]NIN[-_ still taken.
        Then to ._-]NIN[-_. still taken.

I then changed the I to a 1 so it was ._-]N1N[-_. & it let me have it.
        So then I tried to create ]N1N[ , but that was already taken, because I had just take it :/ & now can't change it.
        Basically all the ._'[])(*><: etc.... don't register as a character when you register it only see the numbers & letters. This is so messed up

& I might as well just put another problem here I found the otherday. I created NIN<1> as a new name
        When I login it says I have logged in as NIN & on the leaderboard shows as NIN only without the <1> on the end. In game though I see NIN<1>
        The problem here is that it doesn't show or seem to log my stats, as it probably is waiting for NIN to make some kills.
        Also if NIN hasn't made any kills, why can't I use that as a login, it says it has already been taken.

the system is FUBAR.

Comment

Originally posted by ]NIN[ View Post

the system is FUBAR.
          Agreed. :P

The more I have to deal with this BS, the more it ****** me off tbh. >_> Thx god the gameplay is so brilliant, otherwise I wouldn't be here anymore... *sigh*

Comment

And thus, the UT community learns to create names that are unique and aren't already taken.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
              And thus, the UT community learns to create names that are unique and aren't already taken.
              And you say that like its something positive,its **** tbh.Not that fun if you used the same nick for 8 years and having to change it now.Epic could have worked around this but chose not to for some reason.

Comment

I've changed my nick before, and kept my stats by creating a new account on the same email address, I dont know if it still works or if it was epic who changed the name for me :> I went from ZuKuVyBz to vybz

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
                  I've changed my nick before, and kept my stats by creating a new account on the same email address, I dont know if it still works or if it was epic who changed the name for me :> I went from ZuKuVyBz to vybz
                  Just to make sure: You created a new profile ingame, on the same mail address as the old one and your stats were added together? Can you still view your old profile's stats? Can't believe they got melted tbh... :S

Hmmm... can't find any stats on "ZuKuVyBz". :P

Comment

Why, if they allow all kinds of funny characters _-.@$56*^ etc, why aren't apostrophes allowed?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by D2F[Leo] View Post
                      Just to make sure: You created a new profile ingame, on the same mail address as the old one and your stats were added together? Can you still view your old profile's stats? Can't believe they got melted tbh... :S

Hmmm... can't find any stats on "ZuKuVyBz". :P
                      yup zukuvybz is gone my name changed to vybz keeping all the stats from zukuvybz

Comment

I also created a new nick with the same email address and password. In fact if you use the same email address it insists on the same password. But in my case I can view both names, and the stats are separate.

http://www.enemydown.co.uk/ut3stats.php?id=116760425

http://www.enemydown.co.uk/ut3stats.php?id=121943393

Comment

yeah and when you create nicks with .:: or -=[ etc soemtimes the server browser screws up thats so funny than you have to...
                          a. create new profile without .:: or -=[
                          b. play the game using F10 + open ip: port
                          c. stop playing ut3

UT3 gameplay is awsome but everything else is so .... funny

Comment

^epic bump

Comment

Working...
                            X