Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you disable JUST post processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you disable JUST post processing?

The game looks awesome, but the post processing grays out the colors a bit too much for my liking.

If you set world detail settings to 1, it shuts off post processing, but then dynamic shadows and other stuff are shut off.

The UTgame.ini in my docs has settings for "postprocessing" but they're disabled by default anyway.

Anyone know what setting I can change in the INI to turn off JUST post processing??

I think depthoffield removes post processing.

Comment

Have you tried vivid? I hear it brightens things up. You can turn of depth of field and bloom in the UTEngine.ini, that sharpens things and makes them less dreary.

Comment

I'll give the depth of field a shot.

The post processing settings help, but if you play DM-Krodan or something you see how much more colorfull the weapons are supposed to be.

Comment

Originally posted by LightHawkJ View Post
          I'll give the depth of field a shot.

The post processing settings help, but if you play DM-Krodan or something you see how much more colorfull the weapons are supposed to be.
          What I did was set world detail to 5 then removed DOF and everything else remains enabled.

Should increase FPS too.

Comment

Intense post processing makes everything overwhelmingly bright, Vivid gives a very dark atmosphere with rich color contrast (almost an over saturated look, imo the most moody of the 4), default is a nice balance, while muted seems bland.

Some levels look better at different settings, for example, DM-Fearless looks amazing at Detail levels, 5, 5, Default PP, with no other visual ini tweaks.

Comment

I agree, vivid makes the game look WAAY better than default post processing...

Comment

I also use Vivid. Much less washed out looking, while Intense is just over the top.

Comment

what does muted do ?

Comment

Working...
                  X