Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the "U" logo thats sometimes next to your name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob.JW View Post
    Otherwise it appears to perform the same function in a kinda buggy way - sometime it will show as ready, sometime not. Either way it only matters on certain servers
    .. ...

Comment

So if i won't click READY, i will never have the logo? Will try it, but i dont think it's the case. I agree that it sounds as a logical explaination that it is the ready-status and that it's just buggy... But i keep finding it strange that i always get it and some players never...

OT
      If i made a game i will check the community forum EVERY HOUR! And answering/helping the community that provides your money with a simply reply is like 10seconds of work...

Comment

Why hasn't Epic come in and told us what it does, or at least what they wanted it to be?

Comment

They keep to their own.
          All we got is us.

Comment

tss, what is this world shadow governement and we are the common people?

Comment

Originally posted by Giggity View Post
              Yup.

Don't see why people won't accept this.
              Ready!!!

Comment

We don't accept the "Ready Up" theory because it really has no connection to pressing the ready button.

I get the icon before matches, during matches and after matches, whether I ready or not.

Comment

yep theory didn't work for me..and my m8 who almost never gets the logo, always clicks ready as well.. Most of the time i have it, while all others don't.. so i hope it has to do something with skills :P

Comment

In some servers everybody has to press ready or the match wont start. In the matches I've played when we're all sitting waiting for someone who didn't press ready the (in this case)missing U in front of playernames will allways indicate the person who didn't ready up. (So you know who to scream at.)
                    So my money's on a ready indicator. But it seems to be buggy especially in those servers where it's not needed.

Comment

I just say it again cause some people obviously need the same explanation 10 times to get it:

It is a ready indicator that acts a bit buggy, especially on pubs where it isn't necessary to ready up.

A ready indicator, a ready indicator, a ready indicator! And it's buggy sometimes. Just like Rob and BozoB said.

Got it now? :P Look how nicely this matches my sig colour, awww. :>

Comment

Originally posted by jacobi289 View Post
                        We don't accept the "Ready Up" theory because it really has no connection to pressing the ready button.
                        The icon only shows up if you click your fire button before the match starts. You cannot get the icon to show up during or after a match, only before.

When a map loads and you're sitting in the chat screen, click the ready button in the lower right, then click your fire button (before you get the match start countdown). Go back to the chat screen and you will have the icon.

Unless you're on a server that requires everyone to ready up (by clicking their fire button), the U logo is irrelevant.

How hard is it for some people to figure things out?

Comment

When a server have start when players ready enabled, then you click ready to get into the game. Yet at that point you'll have to click once more to ready up. Then you get the logo.

It's exactly like said before: useless if players must be ready isnt on.

Comment

Originally posted by sMURF View Post
                            The icon only shows up if you click your fire button before the match starts. You cannot get the icon to show up during or after a match, only before.
                            Yeah, but you can get it to show up after a match. How do you explain that?

And while I don't disagree that it's a ready indicator, how did someone come to the conclusion that it's definitely a buggy ready indicator which sometimes doesn't work without at least considering that it may be an indication of something else?

Comment

It's just another broken feature.

Comment

It is a Ready Indicator. This has been confirmed to be true by several playtesters, myself included.

At the beginning of a match, you must click Ready *and* click “fire” (left mouse button generally) once you have loaded and *before* the match begins in order to get the symbol. The symbol will automatically appear by your name in the chat menu, and remain that way until the end of the game.

People often do not notice it at the beginning, and think it only appears at the end, because they generally do not check the chat menu mid-game.

In Instant Action, you always have the logo because the game does not start until you are Ready.

-end thread-

Comment

Working...
                                X