This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sulin View Post
    Each one of the guys in the thread have a MUCH better system than you,so Im not sure where you get off even telling these guys what they should or shoudnt talk about
    (or have you updated scince this post http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=596714 ?)

In the end the thread is really about how happy these guys are with how UT3 plays on THEIR systems and I see no problem with that or a need to try to belittle them

Sulin
    [To xios] Yeah really, your GFX card barely meets minimum requirements, you only have 1 gb or ram, and your CPU is really outdated...I dont know why you even bother to try to play this game...No offense, but it IS a next gen game after all, and you cant expect to run a nextgen game on a rig that barely rivals a GC.

Comment

With my 8800GTS 640 and my Q6600, my framerate is usually around 80+ in multi games (stays locked at 89-90 for the most part) and in singleplayer jumps between that and 220 in certain situations.

I use default post processing because the rest kind of blind me. Though I do like how Vivid makes the game more colorful.. It just doesn't work for me when it comes to actual gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by railman View Post
        With my 8800GTS 640 and my Q6600, my framerate is usually around 80+ in multi games (stays locked at 89-90 for the most part) and in singleplayer jumps between that and 220 in certain situations.

I use default post processing because the rest kind of blind me. Though I do like how Vivid makes the game more colorful.. It just doesn't work for me when it comes to actual gameplay.
        Niiice.......

Comment

try the tweaker in my signature

Comment

Originally posted by railman View Post

My system in better than yours, yet my framerate drops into the 30's when facing large spaces, funny isn't it?

I wouldn't call this game optimized.

EDIT: And I don't like these people claiming they need this and that high framerate to game comfortably. Arrogance. *Buhu my eyes are so pro I need so much fps lolol 'else I can't play :<*

Comment

Originally posted by Masklin View Post
              I don't like these people claiming they need this and that high framerate to game comfortably. Arrogance. *Buhu my eyes are so pro I need so much fps lolol 'else I can't play :<*
              LOL!
              +1

I agree. Also, I don't like thread jumpers that hop from one thread to another and post "can u cook 4 ps3???!!!1111!1!one".

Comment

Originally posted by Sulin View Post
                Each one of the guys in the thread have a MUCH better system than you,so Im not sure where you get off even telling these guys what they should or shoudnt talk about
                (or have you updated scince this post http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=596714 ?)

In the end the thread is really about how happy these guys are with how UT3 plays on THEIR systems and I see no problem with that or a need to try to belittle them
                The thread title is "The optimization is really good". He was disputing that. Whether the optimization of the engine is good or not does not depend at what system a couple of guys have.

I would say the optimization is not very good, because if someone builds exactly identical levels in 2k4 and UT3, the 2k4 level would have like 2-3 times the framerate.

Originally posted by Masklin View Post
                EDIT: And I don't like these people claiming they need this and that high framerate to game comfortably. Arrogance. *Buhu my eyes are so pro I need so much fps lolol 'else I can't play :<*
                Going from 40 fps to 100 fps is the difference between being able to hit 1 out of 10 sniper shots and 5 out of 10 sniper shots for me. Maybe you can determine which one is better.

Comment

ya getting 60 fps or more is just ridiculous imo. I'm very happy as long as the frame rate never drops below 30.

Comment

30fps is not necessarily enough, it depends on quite some factors, its not that simple, imo. personally, i prefer using smoothframerate and vsync to ensure a fluid feeling rather than have 200+ FPS, but 30 might be too risky

Comment

i dunno, the game runs pretty poor on lower end cpus, however not as bad on lower end gpus

Going from 40 fps to 100 fps is the difference between being able to hit 1 out of 10 sniper shots and 5 out of 10 sniper shots for me. Maybe you can determine which one is better.
                      wow, you really suck at sniping

Comment

A lot of people have sub par machines that don't get ridiculous fps. Not everyone wants to invest a fortune into a computer. But low frame rates and bad ping can be adapted to without much difficulty. You don't need high fps to be good, or more importantly to have fun. On topic I think the game is well optimized for a next gen game(-DX10).

Originally posted by Zasz View Post
                        Just curious Zasz, what's the refresh rate of your monitor? Mine is 60hz, which means my monitor updates 60 times a second. That means any frames over 60 are discarded. Since I get more than 60 fps, I've turned on Vsync thus giving me a smoother and clearer picture. In this case 60 > 90.

Comment

I think having a stable framerate is more important than having a high-average framerate.... I'd rather have a 30 FPS constant framerate than 20-50, even if it averaged at forty.

That being said, 60 FPS is ideal. Anything higher would be great, but useless on most monitors refresh rates. I got quite used to 85 FPS when I had my old CRT =(

You really can't be as precise or accurate with lower framerates... and frankly, if you can't tell the difference... it's because you aren't good enough at the game yet for it to matter. That's why so many pro-gamers use the lowest graphics settings to get high FPS. It's certainly not because they don't know what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
                            I think having a stable framerate is more important than having a high-average framerate.... I'd rather have a 30 FPS constant framerate than 20-50, even if it averaged at forty.

That being said, 60 FPS is ideal. Anything higher would be great, but useless on most monitors refresh rates. I got quite used to 85 FPS when I had my old CRT =(

You really can't be as precise or accurate with lower framerates... and frankly, if you can't tell the difference... it's because you aren't good enough at the game yet for it to matter. That's why so many pro-gamers use the lowest graphics settings to get high FPS. It's certainly not because they don't know what they're doing.
                            I agree 100%.

Comment

When your skill gets to a certain level, frame rates start to become a big factor between scoring a kill or not. When you don't play at a pro level, 40-60 fps may seem like enough, but it isn't. Don't mean to sound arrogant, that's just the facts jack.

Equally important is ping and playing on a really good server running at a high tickrate.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                                Just curious Zasz, what's the refresh rate of your monitor? Mine is 60hz, which means my monitor updates 60 times a second. That means any frames over 60 are discarded. Since I get more than 60 fps, I've turned on Vsync thus giving me a smoother and clearer picture. In this case 60 > 90.
                                My refresh rate is 85. I can't even run my monitor at 60, it hurts my eyes too much. Having a high framerate isn't just important for a smooth picture, it's important for aiming the mouse as well due to reasons I don't fully remember :P

Comment

Working...
                                X