This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The optimization is really good

I can't believe how well this game is optimized. The performance is amazing, and the graphics are unbelieveable.

These are my system specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ 2.1ghz
    3GB PC5300 667mhz RAM
    8600GT 256mb
    Windows Vista home premium

I have post processing at "Intense", screen percentage at 100%, FOV at 100%. Textures at 5, and world detail at 3. So, pretty much maxed out. Now, I've taken a lot of comparison screenshots, and the only big difference between world detail at 3, and 5 is the dynamic shadows. Half the time there's so much action that I don't even notice that dynamic shadows are off.

All this at 1280x1024 (my native res) and 40FPS+ on almost every map. On some of the bigger Warfare maps, the FPS gets down to 30, but it's still playable. And on some of the smaller maps like in DM and TDM, I get 60FPS+

I got this game for xmas and I'm very impressed. I love and play it every day! I know some of you think the devs could have done better, but since I haven't played any of the other unreal tournament games, this one seems perfect to me!

Couldn't agree more. You might want to try out the vivid post-processing though. I used intense all through the beta demo. Then I accidentally hit vivid and didn't realize why everything looked so much better with more contrast and color. =P

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
      Couldn't agree more. You might want to try out the vivid post-processing though. I used intense all through the beta demo. Then I accidentally hit vivid and didn't realize why everything looked so much better with more contrast and color. =P
      I agree...I prefer Vivid as well..Check my specs in my sig, mine and your setups are pretty similar..You have a bit more processing power, while my graphics card is a bit faster, and we both have 3 gb of ram and Vista. After you look at my specs, check how well im ruinning it. This game runs like a champ on my mid range computer! Im so happy with the results!

Comment

I agree with both of u the optimization is great, my system is somewhat like yours, Intel Core 2 duo E4300 (1.8ghz), 2 GB DDr2 SDRAM, XFX Geforce 8600GT 256 mb and windows XP. The game runs flawlessly i dont know the framerate but i think is always over 30 cause i dont see anything slow, at detalis set to max level 5 and 5 textures and world , thought i had never set post processin to vivid gotta try that :P
        All i have to say is this and excellent game with good for everyone requeriments and im gonna play it long time. Nice optimization Epic great job.

Comment

You guys are happy with 30 fps? I need 90+ average at least.

Comment

You guys have above or equal reccommended specs, don't even act like you know how well this game is optimized.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight View Post
              You guys are happy with 30 fps? I need 90+ average at least.
              Mine usually stays in the 45-50 range, so this baby runs smooth....I just dont like the fact that, even if nothing is going on in my immediate vicinity, as long as im near a portal, the framerate dips to around 25-30 which is kind of irritating...

Comment

Originally posted by HereComesDeath View Post
                Mine usually stays in the 45-50 range, so this baby runs smooth....I just dont like the fact that, even if nothing is going on in my immediate vicinity, as long as im near a portal, the framerate dips to around 25-30 which is kind of irritating...
                do you mean those film-like walls? For some reason, when I'm looking at one up close, it drops by FPS down to 20. But if I alt tab and then go back it, my FPS goes back up. It's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by xi0s View Post
                  You guys have above or equal reccommended specs, don't even act like you know how well this game is optimized.
                  What are your specs, and how well does this game run on your rig?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                    do you mean those film-like walls? For some reason, when I'm looking at one up close, it drops by FPS down to 20. But if I alt tab and then go back it, my FPS goes back up. It's weird.
                    If by film-like walls you mean a "door" to a different area on a map, then yes....Some are shaped like ovals, and others cover a large doorway.
                    Edit:Also when looking into one, you'll see what's on the other side, and when you go through, you'll be in ther area you saw when "looking through the doorway-like portal...

Comment

No, I mean the ones that seperate gravity with anti gravity.

But the portals you're talking about... are they the ones you can go up to, press the action key, and then use it to teleport to a different spawn point in warfare mode?

edit: i just saw your edit lol. now I know what you're talking about. yeah, that drops my FPS, too, but only when I'm right up close and looking directly at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                        No, I mean the ones that seperate gravity with anti gravity.

But the portals you're talking about... are they the ones you can go up to, press the action key, and then use it to teleport to a different spawn point in warfare mode?

edit: i just saw your edit lol. now I know what you're talking about. yeah, that drops my FPS, too, but only when I'm right up close and looking directly at it.
                        Lol yeah...But as for the anti gravity fields (shaped like cilynders, or the sometimes fill entire corridors like in Deimo's(not sure if thats the entire name off the top of my head))
                        I dont really get FPS drops as far as I've noticed, if anything it should make your framerate rise because you're in a slow, controlled (to some degree) environment.

Comment

Originally posted by HereComesDeath View Post
                          Lol yeah...But as for the anti gravity fields (shaped like cilynders, or the sometimes fill entire corridors like in Deimo's(not sure if thats the entire name off the top of my head))
                          I dont really get FPS drops as far as I've noticed, if anything it should make your framerate rise because you're in a slow, controlled (to some degree) environment.
                          I'm fine in the actual anti-gravity area, but it's those film-like doors (and sometimes they're more like walls) that make my fps go down for a split second as I walk through them.

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean...hopefully it gets tweaked in a future update.

Comment

Originally posted by xi0s View Post

Each one of the guys in the thread have a MUCH better system than you,so Im not sure where you get off even telling these guys what they should or shoudnt talk about
                              (or have you updated scince this post http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=596714 ?)

In the end the thread is really about how happy these guys are with how UT3 plays on THEIR systems and I see no problem with that or a need to try to belittle them

Sulin

Comment

Working...
                              X