check me out over here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check me out over here?

i've been lazy and haven't reinstalled windows on my pc yet because it keeps crashing so i said eff it and it just so happens ut3 drops on ps3. all this talk about the pc version makes me wanna fix it but first i wanna know if it'll handle ut3. i got...an nforce4 motherboard. supports 939...i got an amd 64 that's 32-bit somethin at 2.2 ghz.. 1.75 gb of ddr ram...sound blaster x-fi platinum...and an nvidia geforce 6200 series graphics card dvi/tv/vga low profile. is that strong enough for me to go buy ut3 for pc on monday or should i stick with the ps3 version?

Well, the 6200 is the bare minimum required. You're gonna have to skimp on the eye candy just to get a decent frame rate at a low res. I might just stick to the PS3 version. But why don't you download the demo and decide for yourself?

Comment

so i won't go over 30 fps?

Comment

Just my 2cents
        You could run UT but your GPU is a little weak(most your setting will be real low I would imagine to get decent FPS) so you should get better graphics on the PS3

as far as game play well thats up to you,PS3 is apparently slower than the pc version
        maps, mutators and the like seem to be easier to install on a PC than on PS3

other than that I have no clue

Sulin

Comment

what improvements should i make on my pc to make it run super fps?

Comment

upgrade your vidcard should do it if you have money to burn go for a 8800gts ( I think not a nvidia guy)

but a ATI 3870 or 3850 would do the job

Sulin

P.S or if you wanna wait a bitg read this thread

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=598209

I have a couple links to the new cards coming out on the last page

Comment

oh yeah i run xp btw. i won't dare attempt vista til i get more memory, there's no point right now. you say the graphics will be bette on ps3. will my pc still run it faster or no?

Comment

From what ive read ,yes, gameplay is much faster on the pc

Comment

man...is my rig decent atleast?

Comment

well like blcagge said your vidcard is bare minimum so if you really wanna play on your pc your probly lookin at

800x600 all settins on low maybe even some ini. tweaks to lower image quality

if you can live with that then ya you can run ut
                    again like blcagge said get the demo and find out, might not be as bad as I think

Sulin

p.s. ya your rig is ok its just the vidcard thats hurting you (its about 6 years old you wont get much play out of it with new games)

Comment

your vid card is weak, your processor isnt much better for ut3. its had some amd problems and if your using an nforce 4 i highly doubt you have pci-e which means you will need a new motherboard to get a gfx card worth buying and that means your going to have to have to buy a new cpu as nothing supports socket 939 anymore, this in turn will make you need new ram unless you experience a miracle in compatibility tables... and to top it all off your powersupply probably wont support these new addons which means you will have to get yet another new thing. now if this hasnt crippled you over twice, start thinking about if your case is big enough to hold the new psu/mobo and if its long enough to hold the gfx card (if you choose an 88xx series)

if you choose not to upgrade your game will run at a low resolution and look like legos, which will be much like playing ut99 except with far less players.

not trying to discourage you at all its just a lot of work to upgrade from your current setup.

in all honesty it will cost you more to upgrade your pc than it will to buy a new ps3 and ut3 for it with a mouse and keyboard...

Comment

Rajinn is right not sure what I was thinkin (going blame my idiocy on the whiskey)

This may save you alot of upgrading depending on your powersupply

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/8764/index.html

Sulin

Comment

Working...
                        X