Monitor upgrade suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You got a great Monitor now 2ms is about the best for LCD's.

Here is some links to view;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...21391&name=2ms

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...3&name=2ms-3ms

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...3&name=2ms-3ms

Happy Hunting!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I found a seller on Craigslist offering several 'brand new in box' VA1903wb from Viewsonic. 189$. Any opinions on this particular model? It looks good for the price.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, I've like every Samsung LCD I've used.

Did you join just to post that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have one of these and it's sweeeeeeet!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001096

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by knightofsolamnus View Post
    Thanks guys. I will take up some of the suggestions. Dell has a good price, but I have always been leary about their quality.
    And rightfully so. =P

Go into a brick and mortar if only to look at them. That's how I decided on Samsung.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks guys. I will take up some of the suggestions. Dell has a good price, but I have always been leary about their quality.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    xeonshock: How would I know if my monitor is TN? What is TN? Mine was advertised as TFT. And it has a viewing angle of 160 degrees. That's approaching the practical max, since in theory you can't even see the front of the monitor if you were to go beyond 178 degrees or so. Plus we all sit in front of our monitors anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Samsung 226bw that was mentioned is great, I have it myself. It's also 2ms like your monitor, and 1000:1 contrast ratio(I won't lie to you like they will and say 3000:1).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Like I said, I love my Dell 19" lcd monitor...Honestly, for where my monitor is located, anything bigger would be too big for me, I think this is the perfect size for my setup.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just bought a BenQ FP241W 24" LCD monitor. It's pretty much the best 24" LCD monitor out there. It has an A-MVA panel which beats the **** out of all other 24" monitor panels out there since they use TN panels which have good response times but crappy viewing angles and they only have 6-bits + dithering (16.2 million total colors but only around 200,000 true colors, rest are dithered.) which isn't as good as 8-bit panels which have a true 16.7 million colors. Runs at 1920x1200 resolution, has HDMI w/HDCP, component, DVI, D-SUB/VGA, S-Video, composite inputs, and a USB hub. Also, it has a 6ms response time which means no ghosting. It's only ~$560 CAD but the model is now discontinued so it will be very hard to find.

The difference between this A-MVA panel and a TN panel is very drastic. It looks MUCH better than any other 24" out there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks bclagge, I just upped my max FPS to my monitors refresh rate(75hz), and my minimum to 30 (so it'll be on par with the PS3 version) and I get far more stable, and smoother framerates throughout! Basic Moving around levels, driving around, and action from mid to long range stay between 50-75 FPS, and only in the heaviest firefights do I even approach the 30 FPS mark! One thing that confuses me is, I currently have the game on 4/4 GFX settings, and am getting lets say between 40-70 FPS. But when I crank it up to 5/5 the game chugs at a measely 20 FPS....At the moment I have the game running at 1024 x 768 to maximize performace(and it still looks great). What my real question is, is there a NOTICABLE difference between 4/4 and 5/5? I dont see one...I know I dont have the best system specs, and I think they are excellent for how this baby runs, but would I have to have significantly higher specs to even see a difference? Now like I said, I dont really see a difference between the two, so why does my PC run it so bad at those settings? Is it little touches to the GFX all over, that just add up to be too much for my PC to handle? In any case, I think my PC running UT3 is the same quality(if not crisper) as my friend running it on his PS3...So im completely satisfied, but it is a bit odd that I dont see a significant change in quality but am getting near unplayable framerates...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dell and acer are both excellent, i've had problems with samsung.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bclagge View Post
    Edit the UTEngine.ini found in C:\Documents and Settings\*yournamehere*\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

look for [Engine.GameEngine] and underneath that set
    bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=75.000000

set the min to whatever you feel is appropriate. 22 is default, but I have my min and max both set to 60 (my refresh rate).

Then if I were you I'd look for [SystemSettings] and set
    UseVsync=True

This will turn on Vsync so that it will sync your frame rate to your monitor refresh rate. Then in your advanced display properties set triple buffering on. Use this only if you use Vsync.
    Cool thanks, it looks a little complicated, but I think I can figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132859...roduct_reviews

this is the one to get if your going samsung also this is the best price i could find

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Edit the UTEngine.ini found in C:\Documents and Settings\*yournamehere*\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

look for [Engine.GameEngine] and underneath that set
    bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=75.000000

set the min to whatever you feel is appropriate. 22 is default, but I have my min and max both set to 60 (my refresh rate).

Then if I were you I'd look for [SystemSettings] and set
    UseVsync=True

This will turn on Vsync so that it will sync your frame rate to your monitor refresh rate. Then in your advanced display properties set triple buffering on. Use this only if you use Vsync.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X