Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What graphics card is required for max settings @ 1080p?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know that you're correct. I manually disabled DOF and all types of bloom and I still get effects like the highest available quality foliage, I do get steam and smoke and cobwebs and water effects. I can show you screenshots if you'd like.

Comment

8800GT should be enough, imo. I have a 8800GT 512 with Q6600 processor playing at 1680x1050 with everything max, and i absolutely love it, only seen it drop below 60 in one warfare map, iirc. It should take care of 1920x1080 resolution well enough too, if ur planning to use AA it might be a different story. but the 8800GTX won't do that good as well, trust me, and its far more expensive. Waiting for the 9 series would the best option.

Comment

I would like to clarify for the OP, when people suggest waiting for 9 series, they don't just mean wait for a better card, they also mean the 8 series will be cheaper.

Comment

If you wait a couple of months like they said the new cards are coming out for nvidia and also the multi core gpu will be coming out soon for ATI if you want to see what that puppy does I have no further detail on that though. The choice is yours frag on!!!

Comment

I use a 8800 GTS 640mb and I can run 1680 x 1050 maxed with a 55-60 framerate. Remember it also depends on the rest of your rig, but I'm sure you knew that. :P

Comment

I think for 1080p you are gonna need dual cards in SLI or crossfire, at least for good frames. But your definition of good fps and mine might differ. I will lower settings before I let my fps ever dip below 75.

Comment

Your standards are a little high. I hope you have a refresh rate of 75hz otherwise it doesn't make sense. For most an average of 60 fps is just fine.

Comment

Yeah my monitor runs at 75hz

Comment

I'll put in a vote for the 3870...at 1900x1200 It gets an avg. of 52 fps at max settings at $219.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==

that page also has benchmarks for a bunch of other cards at 1900x1200, so knock yerself out. another governing factor would be what your mobo is in case you want to get another card for sli/crossfire in the future...some boards only support one or the other.

Comment

I just got a 3870 and have no problem with 1900x1080 (never drop below 35fps anyway)

If you do plan on waiting I have nothin on the 9800 series but the 9600 dosent seem to be all that fantastic (opions will vary of course and this review can change with drivers and final relase and what not)

http://en.expreview.com/?p=184

Im sure the 9800 series will be much better

this looks sick though If price isnt way off the wall Im gettin one just cause

http://my.ocworkbench.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=70084

Sulin

Comment

Working...
                      X