Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please render character heads under the helmets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please render character heads under the helmets.

I noticed the programmers got a little lazy and decided not to render the character's heads underneath their helmets when a full helmet is selected, vis a vis, they have no heads, just a helmet. This is kind of gross, because when you look at the helmet from the right angle, you see a bloody severed neck with a helmet on top of it. Now, normally I revel in gore, but for some reason, with the character model all... Alive, and all that, with the head gone, it's kind of sick. Also it sets off my OCD. Please patch that.

I hope a lot of important things get fixed before they ever see this thread.

Comment

Lol

ten chars

Comment

Only happens on one helmet that I know of.

Comment

It happens with every helmet-part that is listed as "bUseNeckstump=True".
          If the 'head'-part does not align perfectly then you will see the neckstump, however it is not exactly easy to see on most 'helmet'-models and it is most likely to be something that affects user-created helmets the most as they may not align as perfect as Epics' helmets do.

It is however the least of our problems as far as custom-content is concerned.

Comment

bump. i use othello...and all i do is switch to the first helmet and it looks like a new head alltogether. i think a custom head would do the trick, long as it lines up with the custom torso

Comment

if heads aren't rendered under the helmet, is it possible for PC model makers to create the head portion of their models as Helmets, when cooking custom parts for the PS3? ie, they classify the "head" part, as a "helmet" part instead when doing their coding/scripting?

just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
                I hope a lot of important things get fixed before they ever see this thread.
                Well stated!

Let's also not forget that if the head is rendered, whether you can see it or not, takes up additional resources. Do we really want to render something that we will never see? Do we really want to use the resources to render something that isn't needed?

Comment

It's not that big a thing to render. My computer can handle that and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Doom Fang View Post
                    I noticed the programmers got a little lazy and decided not to render the character's heads underneath their helmets when a full helmet is selected, vis a vis, they have no heads, just a helmet. This is kind of gross, because when you look at the helmet from the right angle, you see a bloody severed neck with a helmet on top of it. Now, normally I revel in gore, but for some reason, with the character model all... Alive, and all that, with the head gone, it's kind of sick. Also it sets off my OCD. Please patch that.
                    PROGRAMMERS
                    PROGRAMMERS

That would be the game art dept. Not the programmers.

Comment

It's not that big a thing to render. My computer can handle that and more.
                      Well thanks for being considerate towards those of us who don't have powerful computers.

Comment

In-game, I can barely tell what faction your a part of, much less what sort of head you've got, or whether you're wearing a helmet or not. This is pretty much a non-issue. And I run the game at max detail and resolution, so it isn't for lack of processing power. The game just runs too **** fast for any such small detail to be noticed. Everything gets obscured by the team-glow. If this gives lower-powered systems a small break, I say let it go.

Comment

Yeah, this is an interesting little glitch that I notice all the time in character creation, but I think anyone who notices, or even thinks about, this in-game is just trying to hard.

Comment

this thread is useless without pics.

Comment

I still think they should fix that.

Comment

Working...
                              X