No announcement yet.

Opinions on VCTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a sidenote, in 2k4 clans did that yes. Suspense is balanced in its own way though, where it does not really help you in a good way.

Comment

the problem is not that camping a tank is efficient or not but the problem is that it happens. and it doesn't happen on 1 game over 100. it happens very often not to say on most games.
      on CB compared to warfare, vctf got only 4 active clans.
      that's nothing.
      mappers can try to design maps with less camping tactics but i think it's a shame that mappers got more job to do or cannot design the map they want because players cannot behave on a server and use lame tactics.
      anyway i hope CB will add some rules on vctf. so maybe this gametype can grow a bit.

Comment

An easy solution to the goliath problem is placing vehical blocks around the flag area I believe, stops vehicals parking on the flag/in flag room, seen it too many times on maps corruption (where you can only get rid with a redeemer...), Kargo (Scorpion on flag is annoying... more so since their is only one anvil on the map and it's camped like heck because slow-field generate and Redeemer are at the same place), Sandstorm (nemesis on flag is just stupidly annoying but one viper attack will wipe it out), Containment (Goliath on flag again, and manta...), Suspense (annoying but not incurable, just take a manta and spam fire through the side grate, will wipe out any vehicals inside).

Comment

Yeah sorry SpineShanK, got a bit carried away.

r3sistance:

Corruption: I agree there, it's kinda annoying, but **SPOILER** there's a deemer to take care of that.

Kargo: Never EVER seen a Scorpion on the flag and I have yet to figure out how you'd even get one there?

Sandstorm: Nemesis on flag is a sometimes needed tactic (Calling it tactic instead of laming, because that's what it actually is), since Sandstorm is a pretty hard map to defend properly.

Containment: How do you get a Goliath on the flag?!? o.O

Suspense: I haven't experienced people really on top of the flag since beta, maybe I'm just lucky. And the deemer certainly helps here.

Comment

i think the deemer solution cannot be counted as a standard counter tactic. but more like a full house in poker, because redeemer among all items got the highest spawn time with DD. 87 seconds if you time it right. if someone else take it before you it becomes another 87 seconds to wait. making it 174 seconds (almost 3 minutes) just to kill a camping tank. if you destroy the tank it will respawn in 10 seconds. other solutions must be found or else games will undefenetly grow longer and longer. leading to endless overtime.

and in the end vctf will be uninteresting and draw less and less palyers.

Comment

Problem is that on public 24 and even 32 slots is very popular. This is just too much for a decent game on any map. 8on8 is the absolute max, and 6on6 is the best. With so much people its very rewarding to camp a flag, which gets boring on public.

I hope CB doesnt make any rules, its all part of the tactics. If a clan decides to camp a flag, its their choice. A good map does not reward for that, Suspense for example. The only map where it can be usefull in is Sandstorm, but the viper + redeemer are a good counter. And you can even take it out on foot, if you know how.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                Problem is that on public 24 and even 32 slots is very popular. This is just too much for a decent game on any map. 8on8 is the absolute max, and 6on6 is the best. With so much people its very rewarding to camp a flag, which gets boring on public.

I hope CB doesnt make any rules, its all part of the tactics. If a clan decides to camp a flag, its their choice. A good map does not reward for that, Suspense for example. The only map where it can be usefull in is Sandstorm, but the viper + redeemer are a good counter. And you can even take it out on foot, if you know how.
                Quoted for continual **** licking

Comment

No foul in licking **** when it tastes so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggity View Post
                    Yeah sorry SpineShanK, got a bit carried away.

Kargo: Never EVER seen a Scorpion on the flag and I have yet to figure out how you'd even get one there?

Containment: How do you get a Goliath on the flag?!? o.O
                    Kargo you drive up to the hellbender spawn, drive along side it, turn around the back and get into the room from the side enterance, drive up to the link gun and then back down.

Containment, you just drive up, those barriers block scorpion and hellbender but fail to stop goliath, the goliath won't even attempt to rise, it will just drive straight through them.

Comment

agreed 32 people servers are also too much. and it's rewarding because you get lots of frags without putting yourself in trouble.

if something is rewarding, don't need skill it's either taking advantage of a map or camping. cf parked tank on flag.

maps aren't at fault. most maps got flaws. (suspense fit a tank in flag room/containment tank in flag room/kargo scorpion in flag room and i'm not even talking about corruption which got pretty heavy camping tactics)

if someone park a tank in the flag room on suspense it doesn't mean that map was meant for that or that it is a legitimate tactic.

can't blame a map for people's behavior. a map don't camp. people do.

all maps got flaws. and if someone uses that flaw it doesn't mean it's not lame

on vctf one guy in a tank can create a stalemate for everyone else. that shouldn't happen

Comment

camping a perfectly acceptable viable stratagy and if you don't think so your probably one of those twits who yells "ha ha u gotta camp the tank b/cuz ura n00b b****" and "stop camping the flag with the tank you no skilled m*****f*****"

If the mapper explicitly doesn't want camping its their responsibility to prevent it.

Comment

Originally posted by InvadrZIM View Post
                          camping a perfectly acceptable viable stratagy and if you don't think so your probably one of those twits who yells "ha ha u gotta camp the tank b/cuz ura n00b b****" and "stop camping the flag with the tank you no skilled m*****f*****"

If the mapper explicitly doesn't want camping its their responsibility to prevent it.
                          Exactly..!

Comment

camping is not an acceptable strategy thats why on TAM, FREON or LMS got camper alert for example.

you guys are lucky and the whole community is unlucky that there is no camper alert in VCTF. until there is one, many will stay out of this gametype.

keep up doing this good strategy as you want. but dont be surprised if other people dont like it or if VCTF dont grow. because few people are ruining it and think they are doing well thought strategy well in fact its just sitting with a big vehicle.

Comment

..And if you consider maps like Alleys, Basically, Battleline, et-al, which were paradise for tank-campers, and often, your entire offence revolved around figuring out how to out-wit the Goli.
                              (or not, and getting splattered )

They were among the most popular vctf maps in existence, and I've had some of my most fun games ever on 'em, campers or no campers.

Comment

Please tell me how you can defend properly in any vCTF map without it being turned into camping of one kind or another?

Comment

Working...
                                X