Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on VCTF

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Setheran View Post
    Thanks a lot for the tips. I may post some concept sketches in the map forums later to see what people think.

    The main thing that spurred this thread was a game I joined on Corruption tonight, where half of one team essentially agreed to let the other win because both were sick of the map and just wanted to move on. It was probably as much the fault of the players (who were likely too numerous and too defensive) as it was the map, but it showed how easily a seemingly good map can wind up being one big frustration. After that it was on to Suspense, which was just the same as it's always been and really drove home the need for some new and interesting levels to play on.
    I figured corruption proabably spawned this

    truth is, even though im sure who ever made it tried to make something really good, they made a really bad funnel map. all the action is funneled into the bases with no other escape. an alternate escape route from the somewhere deeper in the bases would make that map a little less of a head ache

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Setheran View Post
      The main thing that spurred this thread was a game I joined on Corruption tonight, where half of one team essentially agreed to let the other win because both were sick of the map and just wanted to move on. It was probably as much the fault of the players (who were likely too numerous and too defensive) as it was the map, but it showed how easily a seemingly good map can wind up being one big frustration.
      And what did the game timer say? That map tends to stalemate and go into overtime for hours.

      Comment


        #18
        A good vCTF map is one... Bedrooms2k4,All the Halo maps that were made for utk4,Gallery2k4,Alleys2k4... (just to name a few)

        A good vCTF map is one...That a good mapper made it(example,the guy that created Bedrooms)

        A good vCTF map is one... Where you are able to capture Flag w Vehicles[<that was an ez one : )]

        A good vCTF map is one... Where the finished product is a hit(again,Bedrooms as an example)

        A good vCTF map is one...

        Stay tune

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Setheran View Post
          Thanks a lot for the tips. I may post some concept sketches in the map forums later to see what people think.

          The main thing that spurred this thread was a game I joined on Corruption tonight, where half of one team essentially agreed to let the other win because both were sick of the map and just wanted to move on. It was probably as much the fault of the players (who were likely too numerous and too defensive) as it was the map, but it showed how easily a seemingly good map can wind up being one big frustration. After that it was on to Suspense, which was just the same as it's always been and really drove home the need for some new and interesting levels to play on.
          What is ur UT3 name... I belive i was on that server today when it happened,coincidence? Coruption was the Map...

          Comment


            #20
            My UT3 name is the same as my forum name. I joined late and it seemed like it was already well into overtime, and generally just wasn't much fun at all.

            Comment


              #21
              i think corruption and suspense could be very good maps with little tweaks.

              on suspense create another small building instead of the two crates with vials and move all the spawn points near the manta to that new little building. so everytime you kill someone to take the flag using the route he doesn't respawn right next to you.

              add barricades inside at the entrance of flag room and a barricade (that are redeemer proof) in the middle of the bridge so no tank can cross to flag room. limiting the tank movement to the bridge or down the river.

              corruption change all spawn points to the sniper rifle so everytime you kill someone when you go to the flag room he dno't respawn right next to you. something else must be added too.

              Comment


                #22
                My advice... Carefully study suspense. It has everything, intricate solo cap paths awesome jump boots utilisation, good selection of vehicles with equal purpose for each due to the map construction, decent place to hide with flag during double caps that isn't too close to the flag room, great Z intersecting patchs from base to base, just plain genius.

                Look closely at suspense, try to note exactly what it does right, and then try to do it in different ways and be careful not to end up with containtment

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by SpineShanK View Post
                  add barricades inside at the entrance of flag room and a barricade (that are redeemer proof) in the middle of the bridge so no tank can cross to flag room. limiting the tank movement to the bridge or down the river.
                  I totally disagree.

                  How do you suppose a Goliath should survive an incomming Raptor, if it misses the raptor and cannot hide in the flag room?

                  And if a tank moves onto the bridge it is extremely easy to kill, hence it shouldn't be stopped from crossing the bridge.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by SpineShanK View Post
                    i think corruption and suspense could be very good maps with little tweaks.

                    on suspense create another small building instead of the two crates with vials and move all the spawn points near the manta to that new little building. so everytime you kill someone to take the flag using the route he doesn't respawn right next to you.

                    add barricades inside at the entrance of flag room and a barricade (that are redeemer proof) in the middle of the bridge so no tank can cross to flag room. limiting the tank movement to the bridge or down the river.

                    corruption change all spawn points to the sniper rifle so everytime you kill someone when you go to the flag room he dno't respawn right next to you. something else must be added too.
                    Wow, there may be some things wrong with suspense, but I think the difficulty of getting avril is balanced by stinger in weapon lock and no avril ammo is balanced by berserk. There is nothing else wrong with suspense, it is truly blessed with cap routes for different tactics and are all balanced extremely well. Nobody puts the tank on the flag in competitive matches - it's a waste, your suggestion is moot. The other suggestion is just plain awful.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by booshack View Post
                      Wow, there may be some things wrong with suspense, but I think the difficulty of getting avril is balanced by stinger in weapon lock and no avril ammo is balanced by berserk. There is nothing else wrong with suspense, it is truly blessed with cap routes for different tactics and are all balanced extremely well. Nobody puts the tank on the flag in competitive matches - it's a waste, your suggestion is moot. The other suggestion is just plain awful.
                      Quoted for truth and **** licking

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by booshack View Post
                        Nobody puts the tank on the flag in competitive matches
                        there is. just play some clans on CB vctf ladder see for yourself.

                        Originally posted by Giggity View Post

                        How do you suppose a Goliath should survive an incomming Raptor, if it misses the raptor and cannot hide in the flag room?
                        LoL

                        tanks that hides in flag room is just what makes vctf boring and pointless. maybe not for you, but for me and many other people yes.

                        it's just suggestions to improve the map. i don't care so much. i don't play vctf anymore anyway.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          SpineShanK, I've yet to meet a clan putting the tank on the flag, and Me and Booshack are both in Burial, which is currently ranked 1. in europe, so don't talk to us about playing to CB matches.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            As a clanleader of bU I can can confirm, putting the goliath on the flag is a waste of valuable goliath tank, where it could be used on usefull spots. On public I find it very lame though, to make a map public friendly you need to avoid stuff like that.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              giggity take it easy man.

                              i'm not inventing anything. i just say what happened during a CB match that's all...

                              edit : tank wasn't in flag room my bad. it was camping somewhere else...

                              Comment


                                #30
                                A sensable vctf clan would never do that in a CB match, its a waste. You can make it much better use on other spots. Hellfire or at its spawn are pretty popular. Moveout for backup when ur team has the flag works great so far.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X