Audio could be much better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio could be much better?

Why does the audio seem so tinny? What I mean is that there doesn't appear to be the full spectrum of frequency response with the audio. The thunderous low frequencies seem to be represented with mid frequency sound effects, which really sound cheap. I'm running Fatality X-Fi, so I know I have the hardware. I remember other games that sounded fantastic. Are there any game settings or other presets for enhancing UT3 sounds? It really takes away from the game experience, and seems to be the only weak point!

I noticed something like that too, but i thought it was because of my rather cheap hardware.

Comment

Yeah totally noticed it. I do audio work for a living so i have pretty good reference monitors and headphones, and it sounds even worse through them....really crunchy mid-ranges and highs, and the bass seems to be lacking...I had to put an eq after my soundcard to bring the highs down.

Comment

The ironic thing is they're supposed to have a dedicated sound engineer now, there was even a feature on him in the making of video.. so you'd think the audio would be better..

Comment

+1 I hate to say. Need better positioning, and especially more vehichle horns.

Comment

Audio itself is okay, but the way UT3 presents it is not the best.

Comment

Yes I agree too. The positioning is the most annoying. It's really noticable if you play a duel on Deck. When your opponent is in the bio > flak > sniper hallway, his sounds seem to come from the rocket launcher pickup. :/

I also miss the low booming sound the shockcombo used to make in UT2k4. It used to make the whole house shake if I put the volume way up... Now it's just a quick *FLASH* kind of sound.

Comment

Working...
              X