I was wrong - This game truly is great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wrong - This game truly is great!

I was disappointed with the game upon release; but now I absolutely love the game.

After applying patch 1.1, learning the intricacies of weapons and vehicles use and how the various maps work (especially in the Warfare class) and tweaking the graphics/UI to get the look and feel I like, I am having a hell of a good time with the game.

Of course I don’t blame myself for not realizing this at the beginning. Epic failed to communicate and document all the beauty and fun that could be had with this game. And don't forget the buggy initial realease too.

Maybe some of this insight was to be had in the singleplay portion of the game; but, I just couldn’t stand how the SP was nothing more than bot matches with way too many seemingly contrived cut scenes and plot lines and thus I didn’t really play much of it.

Anyway my bad and hope this game gets the props it truly deserves.

Glad you agree with most of us here. Happy gaming!

Comment

Congrats on joining the (growing) club!

Comment

Yes, this game will lasts years for me!

Comment

Agreed. It's vital that for the UK PS3 launch and certainly for the Xbox launch that new players get a lot more handholding to explain the gamepaly.

Comment

I agree, this game rocks my socks.

Comment

Least you've come to realise this game is the diamond in the rough, good to hear!

Comment

Glad you've seen sense

Comment

Me too... didn't like the demo (made me cancel my 12 month preorder!), then something clicked... love it now, though its greatness is still rather inconsistent in parts.

Comment

Oh yer - still hate the interface

Comment

Yeah, I mostly play deathmatch and *****, but I really love this game.. I pretty much upgraded for this and some others but if this wasn't out I can't say I would of definitely upgraded.. I play ut3, cod4, and gears of war right now.. call of juarez is pretty cool too.. the gameplay in ut3 is great, and the weapon switching is much better than it was in the demo so I am truely happy with the gameplay and a lot of other people should be too.. we should all be advertising this game to friends and stuff like that.. ya know? show them the good side of the game.. have them come over put them in a server and let them enjoy the positives.. we keep complaining about sales etc but I think we ut fans can make somewhat of a difference.. do you want this game to die? (i don't think it will, but we can always use more servers with more people) ther favorite servers thing sux but maybe we should use gamespy (wish it was like it was when quake1 was pretty new.. gamespy was great then) hey, if they get more people they will fix the menus to get even more people.. this game isn't that old yet.

Comment

Oh, I'm looking to get into duel.. the hardcore type where the weapons respawn and stuff.. I really like this game and want to get competitive in it..

Comment

I don't really see why people think the game is dead/dying. I'll admit I got the game when the 1.1 patch was out so I didn't get to see the stuff you guys were saying was bad, but in the end, what's the real point of getting a game first? They are mostly all glitchy upon release anyways. All in all, getting it first is just an ego-booster.

Comment

I agree with you all, but i'd still like to see some kind of update to bring back all the missing content from the previous release's. But Gameplay and Graphic's rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Hojunhu View Post
                              I don't really see why people think the game is dead/dying. I'll admit I got the game when the 1.1 patch was out so I didn't get to see the stuff you guys were saying was bad, but in the end, what's the real point of getting a game first? They are mostly all glitchy upon release anyways. All in all, getting it first is just an ego-booster.
                              that's true.. most all games have some issues.. even on the infinityward cod4:mw pc forum theres issues.. if you like a game you have to have faith and just enjoy whats there.. the favorite server thing is an issue for us right now but they'll fix it.. or there will be ways to get around it.. (I wish the allseeingeye worked with newer games, sux they stopped updating etc)

Comment

Working...
                              X