Custom--wha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom--wha?

Yeah I see all these badass looking custom characters who seem to have mixed parts from Necris and Ronin and such but I dont know how to do that...The only way I know how to customize a character is faction specific which kinda looks lame because I see these badass characters with necris, ronin and liandri mixtures.

How do I do those sorta mixtures for customized characters?

so....no one knows how to customize a character with mixed factions?

Comment

Do a search. Big long thread with all the codes and instructions on how to do it.

Comment

Well what I did does it, but not very well.

Open up your UTCustomChar.ini, (I suggest backing it up as well) and copy and paste parts from other factions for another faction.

Example:
        Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="CH_IronGuard_Mal e.Mesh.SK_CH_IronG_Male_Arms02",PartID="B",FamilyI D="IRNM")
        Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="CH_IronGuard_Mal e.Mesh.SK_CH_IronG_Male_Arms03",PartID="C",FamilyI D="IRNM")
        Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="CH_IronGuard_Fem ale.Mesh.SK_CH_IronG_Female_Arms",PartID="A",Famil yID="IRNF")
        Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="CH_IronGuard_Fem ale.Mesh.SK_CH_IronG_Female_Arms02",PartID="B",Fam ilyID="IRNF")
        I can copy and paste the male Iron Guard arms and make them choose-able for females.

Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="CH_IronGuard_Mal e.Mesh.SK_CH_IronG_Male_Arms02",PartID="B",FamilyI D="IRNM")
        Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="CH_IronGuard_Mal e.Mesh.SK_CH_IronG_Male_Arms03",PartID="C",FamilyI D="IRNM")
        Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="CH_IronGuard_Fem ale.Mesh.SK_CH_IronG_Female_Arms",PartID="A",Famil yID="IRNF")
        Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="CH_IronGuard_Fem ale.Mesh.SK_CH_IronG_Female_Arms02",PartID="B",Fam ilyID="IRNF")
        Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="CH_IronGuard_Mal e.Mesh.SK_CH_IronG_Male_Arms01",PartID="A",FamilyI D="IRNF")
        Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="CH_IronGuard_Mal e.Mesh.SK_CH_IronG_Male_Arms02",PartID="B",FamilyI D="IRNF")
        Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="CH_IronGuard_Mal e.Mesh.SK_CH_IronG_Male_Arms03",PartID="C",FamilyI D="IRNF")
        To change the faction/gender the body part goes to, just change the part at the end of the line with "FamilyID=*"

IRNF = Iron Guard Male
        IRNM = Iron Guard Female
        TWIF = Twin Souls Female
        TWIM = Twin Souls Male
        NECF = Necris Female
        NECM = Necris Male
        KRAM = Krall Male
        LIAM = Liandri Female

Hope that helps!

Comment

thanks! this is what I need. I dont wanna be stuck with 'default' custom characters :P

Comment

well to add on to that description, you also should have alphabetic PartID="A" B, C , D and so on to the sections that you add
            i would not change the arms if i were u, it leads to poly stretching

Comment

PartID only needs to be unique for the faction it is added to.
              It does not have to be limited to the alphabet, although you probably shouldn't use words that are too long either.

Comment

Working...
              X