No announcement yet.

Automatic download of a Mod Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm I wonder how long before this thread gets locked out? Come on Flak what gives?

Comment

I think the best way to spread the mods is for epic to create a hosting service for finalized mods. When a player enters a game with a map they do not hav they would be redirected to the site (through the use of the playstation 3's browser) where they can download finalized maps that epic has put up (under the basis that epic has improved thier method of implementing mods to the point where you can name them anything *.JAM and you can import directly from your PS3's hardrive). I think this would probably go even further towards spreading mods than PSN downloads (Though 1 or 2 PSN downlaod packs should be put up if only to spread knowledge of the game andit's downloadable content among general PS3 users).

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
        I think the best way to spread the mods is for epic to create a hosting service for finalized mods. When a player enters a game with a map they do not hav they would be redirected to the site (through the use of the playstation 3's browser) where they can download finalized maps that epic has put up (under the basis that epic has improved thier method of implementing mods to the point where you can name them anything *.JAM and you can import directly from your PS3's hardrive). I think this would probably go even further towards spreading mods than PSN downloads (Though 1 or 2 PSN downlaod packs should be put up if only to spread knowledge of the game andit's downloadable content among general PS3 users).
        Exactly. Like I said, people are looking for another game to play besides COD4. They instantly think that Ut3 is like Halo 3 and that there is no strategy.

Yet i know for a matter of fact, they would of bought the game day 1 if they knew that sooner or later there would over 50 different maps for them to play on, not including the maps built in.

The only exposure about mods that Epic threw out to the general public was on 1up's site ( which I don't like), E3 gaming summaries (6 months old) and playstation blog.

Alot of people don't check those sites daily and in a matter of a week the articles will simply disapear like a week old thread

The PSN is the key and knowing Sony they would much rather advertise first party games than 3rd party because of profit revenue. So can Epic rely on Sony to produce informational commercials?

So in the end, who knows about the Mod features?
        The people who actually remember after reading the back of the box
        The hardcore fans .
        The avid gamers.
        Epic.

I just find it sad that there are so many mods out there yet people would much rather play on basic maps. Heck I even hosted a map with the title:
        "Get FREE MAPS AT UT3MOD.COM"

The people who actually have the mods, are held back by not having enough latency to host or can't simply find a server with a good ping and some decent maps. What then? So these people decide well I guess I would rather play instant action...

Comment

Working...
        X