Maps and Mods for PC/PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maps and Mods for PC/PS3

It seems some map makers are having issues "cooking" maps for PS3. Also, it seems some of the maps, once "cooked" are unable to run on the PS3 due to a lack of resources.

I just hope this does not affect the map makers in a negative way, by making them "downscale" a project just so it can run on a PS3. My point is, don't let the PS3 interfere with the creativity just so it can run on one. A PC only map is not a bad thing.

I understand parity and welcome the PS3 users to the UT3 fold, more players=more gaming down the road. But, the PS3 is in no way a PC in terms of being able to run some content. As much as it may be desired that a PS3 should run all the content that a PC can, it cannot at this time.

I do hope the issues preventing the "cooking" for the PS3 can be worked out, but not at the expense of edited map/mods content for the PC.

I can only play ps3, but I completely agree. But it looks like ps3 modding is becoming a joke seeing as we can't add any models or sounds

Comment

I love how much trouble people have reading simple text.

Custom models and textures can be added in maps or mods. The only issue is sound-- which is absolutely terrible, and Sony are complete ****s for not allowing it.

What maps can't run on ps3 due to lack of resources? Almost every good map I've seen cooked up for ps3 no problem. The maps that can't, frankly, are probably too resource intensive for most computers. The only one out right now I can imagine would be Atlantea.

Comment

Working...
      X