A nice bit of Nitro for UT3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice bit of Nitro for UT3.

Hey folks, here is just a little bit of my two cents on the UT3 Collectors Edition I am glad to have.

First off. I have to say this game met what it had to. The graphics, unreal. The Lighting, Magnificent, Physics? Redone, and better (I was surprised feeling the new feel of weapons)

However. Something I need to ask EPIC;

Where is that special room? Where is that trap door?

Okay, maybe I am just asking for too much, but here it goes:

After Thoroughly checking out the maps. Both in Single Player and Multiplayer. I would personally Like to see a bit more 'unique' settings within the maps. Back in the old UT. I remember that lovely room full of gold, that you can end up exploding inside of. How about some more of that? I'd like to see a map where in the center is a 'platform' or 'bunker' where within you can control of mix of gadgets. Ranging from trap doors into the abyss, Random steel walls rising on top of people and vehicles. And to balance it all, this guy is barely protected from Missiles and such. All I'm saying is the game just seems a bit too much like the old UT04 System. Sure, Graphics and Lightning and easily noticed to be new. But a lot of the maps are the simple square box with several underloops and such

I'm not saying this is bad I'm just giving my opinion, that a few maps could use a nice few added features.

If i ever succeed in understanding it, I'll attempt this myself in UT3 editor\

Opinions? Criticism

Originally posted by Laos View Post
    I'd like to see a map where in the center is a 'platform' or 'bunker' where within you can control of mix of gadgets. Ranging from trap doors into the abyss, Random steel walls rising on top of people and vehicles. And to balance it all, this guy is barely protected from Missiles and such.
    you talking about Ut99, UT2004, or Perfect Dark?

Comment

Isn't the target painter supposed to do different things in different maps? I think that's unique enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Laos View Post
        Hey folks, here is just a little bit of my two cents on the UT3 Collectors Edition I am glad to have.

First off. I have to say this game met what it had to. The graphics, unreal. The Lighting, Magnificent, Physics? Redone, and better (I was surprised feeling the new feel of weapons)

However. Something I need to ask EPIC;

Where is that special room? Where is that trap door?

Okay, maybe I am just asking for too much, but here it goes:

After Thoroughly checking out the maps. Both in Single Player and Multiplayer. I would personally Like to see a bit more 'unique' settings within the maps. Back in the old UT. I remember that lovely room full of gold, that you can end up exploding inside of. How about some more of that? I'd like to see a map where in the center is a 'platform' or 'bunker' where within you can control of mix of gadgets. Ranging from trap doors into the abyss, Random steel walls rising on top of people and vehicles. And to balance it all, this guy is barely protected from Missiles and such. All I'm saying is the game just seems a bit too much like the old UT04 System. Sure, Graphics and Lightning and easily noticed to be new. But a lot of the maps are the simple square box with several underloops and such

I'm not saying this is bad I'm just giving my opinion, that a few maps could use a nice few added features.

If i ever succeed in understanding it, I'll attempt this myself in UT3 editor\

Opinions? Criticism
        I agree. 'Killbox' and 'death-corridor' maps like Biohazard with 8 or more people tend to be regular spamfests and can get old real quick when playing online. Bring back more of the classic technical maps like Liandri, Conveyer, Codex, Phobos, Stalwart and Stalwart XL, Turbine and Pressure. To my recollection most of the maps I mentioned do have some sort of hidden room or technical area where, if you knew the tricks, would reap a nice reward if you could get there. I'd really like to see more maps with a little more substance, and a little less (next-gen brown and grey) flavour.

Comment

Aye thats a major point of mine, in fact, its right around what i'm saying BooRad. A bit more tricks based on the map itself. so in those DM/TDM matches one person who knows where the traps are can manipulate them to advantage

Comment

I thought traps and other such features would be viewed as gimmicks by hardcore players, who prefer more straightforward layouts where all that matters is fighting skill.

As a casual player and mapper I love including that sort of thing, but I can see it getting seriously old the more a map is played. Things like the hidden damage amp and shield belt on the Curse maps might as well not be hidden, for example, because after three games pretty much everyone knows about them.

One thing I do agree on is that UT3 is missing totally unique maps like Morpheus and Tokara Forest, which were so different from standard arenas that you had to adapt a whole new playing style. I can't think of any of UT3's stock maps that stand out to that extent.

Comment

Working...
            X