Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@ UT3 for PS3, how can we solve this problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ UT3 for PS3, how can we solve this problem?

Ok, i just got me some of the fantastic custom maps from here, and they rock (of course)

I went online with some DM maps,

regular maps like Deck and Arsenal and some new custom maps, LiftKill, Krodan and yard-se!

first map Deck, i set the server for 8 people, it was full within 1 minute, after we all played Deck, everybody voted one of the new map ,yard-se!

Of course after yard-se won the voting, no one could enter my game , cause no one had the map

thats sad, unlike on PC where you still can go on servers with customs maps without having the map before you enter the server on your pc, on PS3 you need to get the maps at first before you can enter servers with custom maps.

is there any way to solve this issue? many ppl dont know that they have to download the map at first from PC or diferent internetsites!

it would be awesome if people can join servers with custom maps and get the map while entering the server!

I don't think Sony would like that. But there should be some sort of certification process for the best, most professional maps (Ie: Krodan), wherein they could be downloaded from servers with a warning about the memory usage etc.

Comment

we need to find a way to make people learn about mods and how to get them and use them.

I think a lot of people don't know what it is all about.

We need to make every single person on the servers know what it is. How can we do that?

Comment

If you had people leaving and joining those maps, you would have to serve them with your connection. This would make the game lag really, really, really bad for the people already in the game playing. I've read that epic is working on it though. Until they get er done, your friends will have to get them the same way that you did. Maybe start off hosting one of the new maps and see if you just get people that allready have them.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomWarrior View Post
          we need to find a way to make people learn about mods and how to get them and use them.

We need to make every single person on the servers know what it is. How can we do that?
          Go to the PS3 forums and spam it everywhere. Chances are that most people are going there looking for answers first. Or maybe epic could release the instructions in the news section.(Thats if the PS3 version has a news section)

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
            Go to the PS3 forums and spam it everywhere. Chances are that most people are going there looking for answers first. Or maybe epic could release the instructions in the news section.(Thats if the PS3 version has a news section)
            Yeah there is a news section. So maybe they could do that as you say.

Comment

Buy a PC and use the PS3 as a door stop. Then you can use all the mods you want...

Comment

Originally posted by [TT]BrundleFly View Post
                Buy a PC and use the PS3 as a door stop. Then you can use all the mods you want...
                I have no space in my room for a desktop machine...

But lol, the PS3 version is awesome, so I don't know what to say to your comment

Comment

unfortunately this is impossible letting everyone know there are mods and you have to download them by yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by GSX600F View Post
                    unfortunately this is impossible letting everyone know there are mods and you have to download them by yourself!
                    On Epics homepage and forums they should record a video of how to download and install mods. (at least on the PS3)

In the UT3 manual they should provide a solid link to specifically where mods can be downloaded for the PS3

Down the track they should attempt to create a new section to the GUI/menus so that people can download maps and mutators from there.

Something could be done from a PR angle that could help boot the awareness of mods in the game. Maybe something like 'map of the week' or interviews with succussful mod makers and their inspiration for why they created a particular successful map. I don't know.

But there are lots of ways of boosting awareness of this functionality.

Comment

I have no space in my room for a desktop machine...

But lol, the PS3 version is awesome, so I don't know what to say to your comment
                      Well what you said was ok...

Comment

There should be a public redirect for all PS3 users.(redirects downloads the files fast)
                        I don't see why epic cant do this.

Comment

And what makes you think PC redirects are perfect?

Comment

The only solution I see is Epic hosting the maps for fast ingame download. That would be totally possible if they had the will. The current solution is ok but its awfully long to install multiples maps and pointeless to try to magically guess what's the maps you'll need.

Comment

I have started servers that are "New Maps Only", and I've found that when I finally have people in the room they will vote for a map they don't even have yet. Then I'm sitting alone in my room when the map loads or there is one or 2 people left who quit right away.

I understand why I can't host the bandwidth to let people download the map from me. I just wish people understood that they shouldn't vote on maps they don't have installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X