Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    1: the ATi Radeon 3000 series doesnt work with UT3 from what ive heard
    2: tbh i would go with what im doing its Under £100 (in my sig) from HIS from the reviews ive read its a very good card and runs UT3 very wel...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by member View Post
    Someone asked what my price limit is - well I said I didn't want a higher priced card and the highest priced 8600GT is $200.00, so I guess I would say no higher than that. The cheapest 8800 is $220.00. I don't wanna go over $200.00 even if it's only by $20.00, I'm a little over budget as it is. Maybe I will consider an ATI, the ones in the same price range got better specs. I was gonna stick with nVidia cause I might make a Linux partiton and I heard many times that nVidia cards are much more Linux friendly. But I'm starting to change my mind.

This card here looks interesting

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102717
    Go put in a little extra time at work or rake/mow/snow shovel (depending on geographic location) the neighbors yard for the extra $20... if you don't have a job and are too lazy to do some manual labor, go sell some blood... it will be more than worth it.

If you are allready working extra, doing yard work, and selling blood to come up with the 200 bucks then I would say get a 79xx nvidia or an ATI card.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by recoiledsnake View Post
    The Radeon 3850 at ~$170 will be the best choice in my opinion.
    Originally posted by Tarantella View Post
    Here again it depends on the resolutions you will play at but in the $200 price range I'd recommend looking at reviews of both 256 and 512 versions of the radeon 3850 certainly when comparing the 8600 cards.

agree with both gentlemen here. go for the ati 3850. they are much better then the 8600gts even and are cheaper. you are thinking about a 8600gt not gts even. so spend the extra bucks on the ati 3850 and 256 mb should be more than enough

Leave a comment:

• replied
    last i checked ati did not support linux at all, but this was a close to a year ago.

sad, 200$ and gigabyte has a 256mb 8800GT for 205$ :-D

you COULD just watch for an open box 8800GT.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here again it depends on the resolutions you will play at but in the $200 price range I'd recommend looking at reviews of both 256 and 512 versions of the radeon 3850 certainly when comparing the 8600 cards.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Someone asked what my price limit is - well I said I didn't want a higher priced card and the highest priced 8600GT is $200.00, so I guess I would say no higher than that. The cheapest 8800 is $220.00. I don't wanna go over $200.00 even if it's only by $20.00, I'm a little over budget as it is. Maybe I will consider an ATI, the ones in the same price range got better specs. I was gonna stick with nVidia cause I might make a Linux partiton and I heard many times that nVidia cards are much more Linux friendly. But I'm starting to change my mind.

This card here looks interesting

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102717

Leave a comment:

• replied
    8800gs is coming out soon for like $149. Otherwise get a 8800gt 256. The 8600 is a good card but for a few dollars more you get 10x improvement.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by !T0rtuga! View Post
    The 8600, while DX10 capable, is not a heavy hitter. There was an earlier poster who mentioned that the higher end 7- series is significantly faster.

I am currently running a x1950pro 256 mb. I run the game at maximum graphics and have at least 30 fps the entire time. What's more, I usually play against 31 bots, even in the smaller levels. No slow down.

The card I have right this second can be picked up for around 140$ at newegg.com

DON'T limit your selction!
    Agreed, If the price is similar the 1950pro is a better card for the money, unless you have Vista and are desperate to use Dx10.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    EVGA e-GeForce 8600 GTS Superclocked 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express

Here is a good $135 card, EVGA 8600GT core clock of 720MHz and 256MB DDR3 at 2100MHz with shader clock of 1560MHz,

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...IN#detailspecs

I cannot believe it, newegg does not even have this card and zipzoomfly has a higher price.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Radeon 3850 at ~$170 will be the best choice in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The 8600, while DX10 capable, is not a heavy hitter. There was an earlier poster who mentioned that the higher end 7- series is significantly faster.

I am currently running a x1950pro 256 mb. I run the game at maximum graphics and have at least 30 fps the entire time. What's more, I usually play against 31 bots, even in the smaller levels. No slow down.

The card I have right this second can be picked up for around 140$ at newegg.com

DON'T limit your selction!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this is when i would say go for an ATI 2600XT because the clock speeds for those are 800-850 stock (varies by brand) and they are the same price as the 8600GT. There is only a few fps difference between the two mid range cards, with 2600XT being the faster of the two.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My only advice (everything's already been said) is to ignore the core clock. Why? Because you can overclock it yourself should you choose to do so. If they can acheive that clock, you can do better I gaurantee you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What is your price limit for the 8600?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It would be better to get a chopped down 8800 than the best 8600 if that's within your budget.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X