Content Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Content Download

I think that downloads should automaticaly upload off the players to anybody that joins the server and does not have the required map.

Why? so when you're playing and some guys enters he draws upload from you to download the map he's missing?

Comment

there's an ftp redirect feature that works even better.

Comment

then do that

Then stupid people will actually join servers that have content

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
          there's an ftp redirect feature that works even better.
          . . .yea - once they get it implemented . . . not working now as far as I know . . .

Comment

...**** not like CS ...i hate that always having to download 5 minutes of content before entering the server...
            basically once your done downloading the content the match is over...then you move on to the next map....oh yea then a new download starts lol...

Comment

For the Admins out there not aware of this. I found this bit of info from Gameservers forums for those of us who use Public Redirect.

Quote:
              - Redirect is working, but compression/decompression functionality does not yet exist in the binaries. This functionality is coming in a future patch.
              - Add the following lines to your UTEngine.ini file (if this section does not yet exist then you should create it):

Code:
              [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
              RedirectToURL=http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut3/ <---(Replace with your Hosting Site.)
              UseCompression=False
              ProxyServerPort=
              ProxyServerHost=

Note that a trailing slash (/) is required at the end of the path.

ALSO, If you have problems receiving custom files from the server, try re-connecting to the server and sometime it downloads faster the 2nd time. Yeah, little annoying right now but I'm sure a fix is on the way.

Comment

Working...
              X