No announcement yet.

UWindow 2 Development Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! That is impressive!! Solidsnake, you rule!

I tried launching a game from the server browser with no luck, but you're most likely still working on that. I can't believe just how far you taken this. It's so amazing! Epic should pay you and get this incorporated into the retail version.

Comment

Must test this when I have the time..

Looks good, Solid!

Comment

Quiclky tested it this morning. Maybe I did something wrong koz I didn't have much time, but many stuff seemed to bug. I couldn't even connect to a server tbh. Also, I couldn't sort servers... So I won't use it for now.
        Thank you for your hard work though.

Comment

Great work Snake. Really enjoying this one.

Comment

could u make it supports "-nohomedir" and "-login and -password" parameters ?

Comment

I tried launching a game from the server browser with no luck, but you're most likely still working on that.
              If you can't find any servers, you will need to first log in to your online profile. If you cannot connect to a game (it boots you out as soon as you try to connect), then you may need to check your CD Key settings as described in the readme.

Also, I couldn't sort servers... So I won't use it for now.
              Yes, the server browser was about a days work, so it definately needs more fine tuning.

Maybe I did something wrong koz I didn't have much time, but many stuff seemed to bug.
              Please report bugs to me as I won't know exactly what you are experiencing, so I won't know what to fix.

could u make it supports "-nohomedir" and "-login and -password" parameters ?
              It should support -nohomedir as that just tells Unreal Tournament 3 not to look in the My Documents folder for content as I use it myself. As for -login and -password, I will look into it.

Comment

Snake, you are a god among men. Epic needs to hire you, badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
                  It should support -nohomedir as that just tells Unreal Tournament 3 not to look in the My Documents folder for content as I use it myself. As for -login and -password, I will look into it.
                  It seems like it halfway supports "-nohomedir". At least for me the most recent build of UWindow 2 shows custom maps, but it doesn't show any custom gametypes, the maps that go with them, or any custom mutators. Not sure why.

Also, it would be cool if the "-nostartupmovies" parameter was supported, and +1 for "-login=" and "-password=".

If it matters, I used the zip version of build 260608.

Comment

-nostartupmovies
                    This is supported. You just need to add this parameter to the short cut link provided. I use this myself.

Comment

Thanks for the support!

We have opened up our Mantis project management page for the public here: http://www.digitalconfectioners.com/mantis/

The UWindow2 project is open to the public, so if you have any bugs, features or other issues to log then please do so here.

Comment

Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
                        This is supported. You just need to add this parameter to the short cut link provided. I use this myself.
                        "C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Play Unreal Tournament 3 - UWindow2.bat" -nohomedir -nostartupmovies

That's my shortcut target. All the startup movies run, and as stated in my last post, none of my custom gametypes or mutators show.

Other than those two little problems I love UWindow 2. It's a bajillion times better than the stock UT3 menu system.

Comment

WOW. Real scrollbars. Real resizable windows. Real situational awareness. Real PC.
                          Slap in the "hide full servers/hide empty servers", make the list content sortable for ping, and you HAVE TO win something in that weird contest which is coming up.
                          A preemptive: THANK YOU!!

Comment

"C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Play Unreal Tournament 3 - UWindow2.bat" -nohomedir -nostartupmovies
                            Create your short cut like this...

"C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -nohomedir -nomoviestartup -configsubdir=UWindow

Comment

The startup movies stopped with that shortcut, but I still get no custom gametypes or mutators in the practice session screen. I also tried using the installer to setup UWindow2, but the same problem persists.

Comment

I will look into the custom gametype and custom mutators for the next build.

Comment

Working...
                                X