UWindow 2 Development Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Amazing. The original interface is the biggest letdown of the game. How did Epic get away with such ****?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ethyn 3.0 View Post
    It probably is, but is the "uninst_uwindow2.exe" file a false positive? Just checking.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/9711/falseposxj3.png
    Obviously I can't say for sure, but popular installer programs (and the uninstallers they create) commonly get false positives.

You can also upload it to http://virusscan.jotti.org/ and see what they think

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is a great tool .... Now could you please map all the basic key binds ...thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    simply brilliant..i hope it gets finished and ironed out it is great work and something great for the community.. thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, not sure this is mentioned already, but in the menu of starting a practice game there is no bot skill level check.

Not *****ing about your work tho, it's very impressive

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
    I will look into the custom gametype and custom mutators for the next build.
    Ok. Hey, thanks for all your help and support, and thanks a ****load for making this in the first place. UWindow2 is an absolutely beautiful menu system!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It probably is, but is the "uninst_uwindow2.exe" file a false positive? Just checking.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/9711/falseposxj3.png

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I will look into the custom gametype and custom mutators for the next build.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The startup movies stopped with that shortcut, but I still get no custom gametypes or mutators in the practice session screen. I also tried using the installer to setup UWindow2, but the same problem persists.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Play Unreal Tournament 3 - UWindow2.bat" -nohomedir -nostartupmovies
    Create your short cut like this...

"C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -nohomedir -nomoviestartup -configsubdir=UWindow

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WOW. Real scrollbars. Real resizable windows. Real situational awareness. Real PC.
    Slap in the "hide full servers/hide empty servers", make the list content sortable for ping, and you HAVE TO win something in that weird contest which is coming up.
    A preemptive: THANK YOU!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is supported. You just need to add this parameter to the short cut link provided. I use this myself.
    "C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Play Unreal Tournament 3 - UWindow2.bat" -nohomedir -nostartupmovies

That's my shortcut target. All the startup movies run, and as stated in my last post, none of my custom gametypes or mutators show.

Other than those two little problems I love UWindow 2. It's a bajillion times better than the stock UT3 menu system.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the support!

We have opened up our Mantis project management page for the public here: http://www.digitalconfectioners.com/mantis/

The UWindow2 project is open to the public, so if you have any bugs, features or other issues to log then please do so here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    -nostartupmovies
    This is supported. You just need to add this parameter to the short cut link provided. I use this myself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It should support -nohomedir as that just tells Unreal Tournament 3 not to look in the My Documents folder for content as I use it myself. As for -login and -password, I will look into it.
    It seems like it halfway supports "-nohomedir". At least for me the most recent build of UWindow 2 shows custom maps, but it doesn't show any custom gametypes, the maps that go with them, or any custom mutators. Not sure why.

Also, it would be cool if the "-nostartupmovies" parameter was supported, and +1 for "-login=" and "-password=".

If it matters, I used the zip version of build 260608.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X