Tool to install maps and mutators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool to install maps and mutators

HereComesDeath has just asked me if i would mod one of my personal applications for public release

just a little tool which lets you dump a load of files in to a folder, you select if its a map or a mutator, click install and it puts the files in the right place for you..

if theres enough of you after it il make it so you can use it this morning.

let us know if it would be of use to you

Hell yeah. Sounds like your program could be an early version of a community style UMOD. Since they apparently removed it with UT3.

Comment

Would be an awesome addition.

Comment

ok. the map installer is done... just starting on the mutator installer

Comment

UT3T is gonna be a powerful tool when completely done, no doubt.

Comment

Will it have the option to install to an alternate location, for those like myself who install maps to the game directory, eg,

G:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

as apposed to the default,

My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps . . . ?

Also, the ability to install the maps into there own individual folders, to keep things nice and tidy would be nice

eg, I would put DM Krodan, in,

G:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps\DM Krodan

etc. I know your not asking for requests, but I'm just asking, no harm in that

Comment

I think he is fixing it now, so you input your own path of directories when you use it for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by [UHH]incubus View Post
                Will it have the option to install to an alternate location, for those like myself who install maps to the game directory, eg,

G:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

as apposed to the default,

My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps . . . ?

Also, the ability to install the maps into there own individual folders, to keep things nice and tidy would be nice

eg, I would put DM Krodan, in,

G:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps\DM Krodan

etc. I know your not asking for requests, but I'm just asking, no harm in that
                your right im not taking requests.. but its a good job the answers already yes to both of those isnt it lol

Comment

2 Thumbs Up

Comment

3 thumbs up !!

Looks like the cache extractor we've been waiting for

Comment

no its not a cache converter .. looked in to that its not going to happen unless epic make an update to one of the ini files... its different to previous versions.

righty this tools finished.

SORRY.. it doesnt put them in their own folders to keep it all neat and tidy.. it just puts the files where it needs to go. why? because i havent slept in 28 hours now,m and i really cant be arsed to code it to lol....

no doubt il do an update for this tonight or tomorrow but still...

the codes done, it will install maps, and mutators for you .. just saves you the donkey work of putting the files in the right folders.

im going to type up a quick instruction guide for it now, put it in to an installer, and il post a link for its download. less than an hour

Comment

here you go guys

http://files.filefront.com/MM+Maps+a.../fileinfo.html

Comment

Weren't you going to include it into the UT3T?

Comment

lol Giggity yes it will be in there, but i code most tools seperately.

i only whipped this up as someone asked for it this morning... il develop it seperately, and when its more advanced il merge it in to UT3T.

ive got plenty of tools under development with UT3T at the moment as it is

Comment

Originally posted by SAHChandler View Post
                              Hell yeah. Sounds like your program could be an early version of a community style UMOD. Since they apparently removed it with UT3.
                              Oh, hey, you're right. Why would Epic not use the UMOD system anymore? Especially given how the new file system is sort of a pain in the ***.

Yet another step back from previous games, in terms of interface and community. Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                              X