This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full game better than demo?

I didn't like UT99 or UT2k3, but I played the hell out of UT2k4's Onslaught when it was in its prime (from release through about the end of 2005). Now that the community has diminished, I had hoped to find the same enjoyment out of UT3.

Well, the demo only has CTF & Deathmatch style games and I can't say I find either of those entertaining. I read a post here a while back about the music in UT2k4 vs. UT3, but I'm not sure if it's still here. Anyway, UT2k4's music fit perfectly; the trance had an epic composure to it that fit many of the maps and environments quite well. The music I've heard in the UT3 demo is upbeat, with the intent, I assume, of pumping adrenaline. Only problem is, it doesn't do that for me. It sounds separate from the game. Frankly, it's distracting and bothersome. If I do buy UT3, I guess I'll disable the in game music and supplement the background sound with my own tracks...

I do want to enjoy this game, so what do you guys think--is the demo a decent representation of the full game? I'm hoping it is not. Is "Warfare" (the new Onslaught, right?) any fun?

froim what ive heard people hated the demo and the game is significantly better?

Comment

The full game is the demo. There's not really anything different in the full game. There's just extra maps and the warfare gametype. You'll get the same graphics as what you got in the demo, the same performance, and the same look to all the environments and characters. There's no significant difference other than content. Gameplay is exactly the same.

Warfare is Onslaught with worse maps and an orb. Consider it an overpowered game-changing ball that you can't give to other players, can't make the bots drop, and can instantly capture nodes with, plus it respawns instantly.

I think we both feel the same way about the game. Honestly, I bought it just to use the editor. I almost never actually play UT3.

Comment

Hopefully they'll fix it up the way they did UT2k3 and re-release in a year or two.

Comment

Well, most people hated the full game b/c it's lacking lots of options than previous UT's had.

But I really think its great if you liked UT99, or 2k4(but with that many options)....and try the ActionCam mod...if you want to get something different from this game.

At the end it's your choice if you like the game or not...I can't stand Team Fortress 2 for instance, I don't like the characters and the slowliness of the game...but lots of ppl do like, even love that game. (I know different kind of games but still...).

Point is, if you didn't liked the demo...most probably you will not like the full game...it's that easy.(CTF and Deathmatch I mean....cos Vehicle CTF is great for me).

Warfare is the same as Onslaught but with the addition of ORBS....you can link any node with just placing an orb on the node (any node)...but if the opponents are humans...its not that easy cos everyone will go after the orb carrier when the announcer says one is close to a node.

Comment

The full game is 100x better than that lame beta demo.. OMG please don't judge the game based on that demo.. The demo was a mistake, buy the full game its the best Unreal based game to date.

Comment

Count is indeed pretty low, even for a wednesday morning. Peaks are around 1200 though. And being from Europe I never have any problem finding opponents in my decent pingrange, for any gametype. I know its hard for you US/Australian guys, I hope things will pickup for you.

Comment

To op, the full game is 100 times better than the beta demo. seriously.

Comment

Personally I hated the demo, stopped playing it after two hours and decided not to buy this game. :P

I still gave it a chance and now Warfare is the only thing I play. \o/ If you really enjoyed Onslaught, I see no reason why you wouldn't like WAR. Warfare is ONS 2.0, it offers anything ONS gave you and adds lots of interesting stuff like the orb or side objectives. I played a lot of Onslaught, but Warfare definitely plays better. Less static, more tactical, more intense. Give it a try.

Comment

full game is ace, and if you take notice of people saying dont get it if you want to play online cos there are not that any ppl online forget that cos if everyone did it there would be no-one online, we need more ppl out there playing online but then it may take a while to get ppl off the instant action and into online play as it is quite a big jump.

Comment

The full game is a lot better than the demo; it seems to feel a bit better... and it has a hell of a lot more maps! And it has Deck 16, which really made my day.

Sadly, the menus are just as rubbish as they were in the demo and I think it's irritating that you need to create an online account to have a name offline other than simply 'player' (I have no internet at home, and at Uni, my computer is caged in by a nasty firewall). It's also irritating that each time you go into the game, all the game/mutator settings are defaulted. So I need to reset frag limit, time limit, skill level, etc. If you ask me, the menu system looks like it's just been ported straight from a console game.

But aside that, I like the gameplay. I can run the game at full settings (except hardware physics, I do not have a physics card) and I can have a good time. Sadly the game crashes with an nv4_disp blue screen of death every now and then, but hopefully nvidia will release new drivers soon!

And now I have another game to distract me from my studies!

Comment

The Full Game, patched to 1.1 is waaaaayyy better than the demo. They fixed the Over-Poweredness of the Manta by allowing you to knock back with Shock Secondary, and more damage by Flak and Rocket. They also partially sorted out the crappy menus (but only partially).

The OP says he loves the ONS of 2k4. WAR imo is better once you are used to it.

Comment

Working...
                        X