Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATTN: People who are wanting to cook things for the PS3 without the mapper's...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATTN: People who are wanting to cook things for the PS3 without the mapper's...

Permission. Please don't do this. It's not only morally wrong, but will probably get you banned from the forum for good. I do not recommend this at all. I already have several people threatening me in my thread saying they'll cook my timberland map without my permission but still give me credit. But that still gets ME in trouble because I AM THE AUTHOR OF THE MAP. Please, STOP!

im curious.. why would you not want it coooked for ps3? not arguing with you.. you made it, its your choice what is done with it.. just curious

Comment

Because it might be illegal. Halo is Microsoft and Bungie's IP.

Even if the odds of them taking action are small... we might as well self-police a little bit until we have a little less gray area. Same applies to GoW related mods.

Comment

Harmatia im asking why bret doesnt want his map he made cooked for ps3.... and im a pc gamer before anyone wonders

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
          Harmatia im asking why bret doesnt want his map he made cooked for ps3.... and im a pc gamer before anyone wonders

he said it...becuz it might be illegal...

Comment

am i missing part of the picture here... how can it be illegal if theyre converting a map for UT3 from one platform to another platform ?? or has this somthing to do with the ps3 being sony? im lost

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
              am i missing part of the picture here... how can it be illegal if theyre converting a map for UT3 from one platform to another platform ?? or has this somthing to do with the ps3 being sony? im lost
              I am wondering that myself,whats the big deal?

Comment

Because it's not illegal for the PC, but it is for the PS3 because sony is their competetor, not somebody's personal computer. AnubusUT2 explained it to me.

Comment

This doesnt make sense. That is implying that it is allowed to have illegal stuff on PC and isnt on PS3. If thats the reason why the author isnt concerned about legal issues with the PC version.

added:
                  Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                  Because it's not illegal for the PC, but it is for the PS3 because sony is their competetor, not somebody's personal computer. AnubusUT2 explained it to me.
                  competetor or not has no influence on stuff being legal or not, you would think.

Comment

i said i wouldn't sorry tc i didn't mean i would do it i can't anyhow i hope my comments didn't scare u

Comment

I don't think any mods are illeagal. If it were illeagal to put on PS3 it would also be illeagal to put it on PC. Mod's aren't illeagal unless you make money. In fact the first Levels I'm making when little big planet comes out is original Mario Bros levels. Nintendo can't sue me. I'm also not arguing FOR the map to be cooked. Either way is fine by me. I don't think PS3 NEEDS this map or it will suddenly fail. My only problem with this map on PS3 would be the fact that it is a Halo map in my PS3, and I might be against it on a moral level. In now way is it illeagal.

Oh and btw, I think anyone threatening to cook this map without Bret Hart's permission is a disrespectfull little weasel. That's right....I said a WEASEL!!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                        do u have a quote frm anubus? the map originated from the pc version not xbox version

Comment

Bret's maps are remakes of Halo maps. Halo is owned by Microsoft. Microsoft competes with Sony. Therefore they may loose enraged lawyers if something derived from their franchise becomes available on Sony's platform. I have no idea if they would actually do that, but I wouldn't put it past them.

You should of course be asking permission before distributing an altered version of someone else's mod anyway; it's the polite thing to do.

Comment

Yes, thanks for explaining it better for me. The exact point I was trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
                              I don't think any mods are illeagal.
                              Legality is irrelevant. Microsoft can afford more rabid lawyers than you, and they aren't afraid to use them.

Comment

Working...
                              X