Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one?

My current pc is in my sig. So I'm planning on upgrading my pc at the end of the month and would like to know out of these: Intel Core Duo 2.66 ghz processor or a 8800 graphics card? Currently I am able to run at max setting with an average of about 30-35 fps so I know wither of these upgrades will help greatly, but which one will help more?

The 8800gt would help much more. But I'd recommend you get a dual core in the not-so-distant-future .

Comment

Ya I plan on getting both of these. I just wanted to know which one would help me the most for right now. I figure the 8800 should let me play at my monitors highest resolution while still keeping all the settings on the highest and still manage to increase my fps a little, right? I seriously don't care what my fps is as long as I get 30+ in any given situation I will be very happy.

Comment

Yeah get the 8800 gt first

Comment

That was easy. Definitely the 8800 gt.

Comment

get a quad, so it will last longer

Comment

Intel just announced all of the Penryn generation of procs at CES. Certainly don't buy a proc until those are in the retail channel which should be very soon.

Comment

I'm just curious, how good is my current processor right now compared to other kinds? Is there a BIG difference between P4 and Dual Cores. I will never buy quad cores because they are a little to pricey. So i just wanna know how it stacks up. Also would it be possible to over clock it? If so how?

Comment

Yes there is a HUGE difference between the core 2 duo's and P4's.

Comment

Working...
                  X