Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MaximumPC Magazine Sez: UT3 Supports X-FI ??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MaximumPC Magazine Sez: UT3 Supports X-FI ??????????

I have a subscription to MaximumPC ( Feb. Issue ) and I see a full page ad for X-FI support for UT3 on page 25 but I dont see anything in UT3 for X-FI support in the audio section. Where can I find this information in UT3?

It supports it, it just doesnt take any advantage of it's features.

Comment

Yes. It does. I have a XFi, and the game sounds great. However, due to consolification, the are no advanced audio settings/options. If you have a XFi, you wont be disappointed. UT3 has good sound. I'm amazed it has that much..very,VERY few games support XFi properly.

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
        It supports it, it just doesnt take any advantage of it's features.
        If thats so then why would Epic and Creative spend thousand of dollars for a full color ad page stating that UT3 Supports the X-FI and visa versa and not have it in the game? Kinda bizare if you ask me cuz I see no difference in my X-FI card and the 5.1 surround sound on my motherboard. They both sound good but sound the same to me. Which kinda tells me X-FI may not be in UT3?
        Maybe Epic would be so kind to confirm this hummmm?

Comment

Top option within Audio. That is the support.

Comment

But dont tick it with a X_FI with X-RAM. It will crash. BUG...

Comment

Originally posted by Archon3 View Post
              If you have a XFi, you wont be disappointed. UT3 has good sound.
              It has good, but terribly inaccurate sound. Ever notice why all sounds emanate from the amp? If you don't know what I'm talking about, try Shangri-La and you will hear all battle sounds come from the amp regardless of where they are occurring.

It's a bug I REALLY hope gets fixed because it's killing us with dueling where sound is such a critical component of the gameplay.

Comment

I have tried two sounds cards:

Realtek AC97 onboard audio &
                SB Audigy 4

I cannot tell the difference between the two, although I can now tick the "hardware OpenAL" check box. I am unimpressed. Audigy 4 is no X-fi, but it's a heck of a lot better than onboard.

Comment

Working...
                X