This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed About Lack of Custom Sound Support in PS3 Version

Although I love the game and the company that makes this game, I would be lying if I stated that I'm not disappointed with this PS3 Mod Tool release. When I first heard that UT3 for the PS3 would support mods I was amazed. All those years I had drooled over all the new content and free mods that the PC users got, yet I would soon enough be able to experience true mods for myself. The very thought that playability could be added to a game by the users themselves was revolutionary. The thought that a completely new (free) game could be created simply by using another game's engine without using that game engine's provided assets was by far the most compelling idea though. I'm disappointed to learn that this is no longer possible even though we were told by Mark Rein himself that it would easily be possible to make mods all the way up to T.C.s. I bet you're now saying,"Hey it says on the website that T.C.s are possible, what are you talking about?". Well there is just one rather large complication here, sound conversion is not supported. This was being called a small limitation by Mark Rein, when in fact, T.C.s are not possible without custom sounds. Why? It's simple. A total conversion replaces all stock content. This obviously is not possible when you are not able to even replace a single sound in the game. My point that I'm getting at is, back when I was given the information that the PS3 version of UT3 would support mods, I didn't see anything that said that there would be no sound support when sound is vital in a T.C. mod. I was crushed when I found that there was no custom sound support when we were told full fledged mods would work in the first place. I didn't pay for not custom sound support, when I payed, I expected the things that weren't immediately excluded by text. I'm overall just complaining that Epic told us we'd have full T.C. mod support when we don't. Yes, I know that it's Sony's fault for not letting us have our custom sound support, but it just doesn't seem right that because of Epic not knowing what would happen with the sound we would suffer from it and not get what we want. Even now it's at the bottom of their priorities to fix this since they're telling us this:We're still looking into possible work-arounds for this but we think this is a relatively small limitation." -Mark Rein. (End Quote) I'm sorry, I just don't feel that a WW2 T.C. would seem right with futuristic sound effects and music. Please don't get me wrong I fully respect Epic and everything that they have done for us, but could they have at least told us there would be no custom sound support before announcing that there is none at the beginning of January, weeks after the game was released and that there are no promises that there will be any support for it after I bought the game? I'm not trying to be an annoying flamer, I love Epic and the game, this just doesn't seem right though.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, can everybody who doesn't agree with me explain their reasoning?
Working...
X