Possible serious bug or feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible serious bug or feature?

In the CTF map Vertabrea, (Not sure on the spelling) there is a green window right behind the minigun, that allows you to see the enemy flag and what is happening there.

You can shoot through it and cause damage. Or take damage as I was killed by the bots.

Bug or feature?

it's a cool feature. Found it out today.

Comment

Interesting feature tbh.

Comment

I think you can translocate through that spot, or one similar to it somewhere on the map, and it's a nice short cut. That map is huge.

Comment

something as big as that can't be a bug.

Comment

It is specifically mentioned somewhere in the game (not sure if it is the map description or something only in the campaign), so it's a feature. They probably did it because maps where the flags were separated only by a transparent barrier were quite popular in UT2.

Comment

It is most definitely a feature. In the campaign, one of the Ronin states how it is a type of Necris barrier that doesn't let life go through. So you can shoot through, but can not go through. Translocator doesn't work either.

I thought it was pretty trippy but it's pretty cool.

Comment

Pic of the green wall near the flags.

Pic of the green wall with a hole in it.

Pic after translocating into the hole. It's liquid in the middle, but it's a shortcut to the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by cleepa View Post
                  Pic of the green wall near the flags.

Pic of the green wall with a hole in it.

Pic after translocating into the hole. It's liquid in the middle, but it's a shortcut to the other side.

the wall in the flag area can be shot through but you cant pass through... even with the Translocator.

the 'barrier' in the middle of the map you can travel through with the TL and thats where the Beserk power up is, (at the bottom of the 'room' between the holes in the wall, look down from the postion in the third pic above)

Vert is a fun map once you get used to it - flag runs can be real fun, kinda like a roller coaster ride!

Comment

Its not a bug, its supposed to be a way to shoot to the other flag base. It still makes me laugh to see the guys stand against the green wall spraying the enemy flag base with stinger shards.

Vertebrae is one of my favorite maps. Although the Necris theme gets old on me sometimes, this map has the most depth (double-meaning intended) of any of the stock maps, and the flag runs are the most fun there.

Comment

absolutely you have to learn the map for it to be fun, but once you do its got a lot of CTF goodness to it... im always telling ppl online to give it a chance and learn the routes. its especially fun dropping down with the flag from the enemy base and trying not to take damage and avoid fire on the drop... its not my fave of the CTF maps, but its a nice change from the other mappage when you have teammates who know the map!

Comment

Working...
                      X