• Show
Clear All

Smooth as a baby's but

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=597332

I thought that was common knowlegde

Comment

where's the news :F

Comment

What exactly does this do. It should have no effect on tearing. Its a videocard issue, no matter what application is running.

Comment

Originally posted by Skriptures17 View Post
          I thought that was common knowlegde
          Guess not, well ......now we all know

I never thought vsync off could make it stutter so bad (didnt do that in ut99).

Always thought it was an engine problem, reading all the "bad performance" post in here.

oh well, smooth sailing for me now, just need my lowest fps on deck to go up now, from 40 to 75

Comment

Originally posted by kjhkbnm View Post
            What exactly does this do. It should have no effect on tearing. Its a videocard issue, no matter what application is running.
            Yes it does, but only if yer fps exceeds your refresh, then it is capped at 2 frames higher then your refresh, wich almost ellimnates the tearing.
            To totaly elliminate tearing, enable vsync, but that will give u mouselag, dont want that either, so the trade off is very little tearing and still smooth !

Ah hell, just try it !

Comment

Originally posted by peppybb View Post
              Yes it does, but only if yer fps exceeds your refresh, then it is capped at 2 frames higher then your refresh, wich almost ellimnates the tearing.
              To totaly elliminate tearing, enable vsync, but that will give u mouselag, dont want that either, so the trade off is very little tearing and still smooth !
              tearing doesnt care in a slightest for framerate. Maybe you see something else in work, although i would suspect some psychological thing or just a coincidence.

Ah hell, just try it !
              tempting, but since i can play with vcync on and virtually no mouselag, not nessesairy. CRT monitor here.

Comment

Why did you link to your DAY OLD thread?

Just use that thread.

Comment

Working...
                X