UT3 PS3 Kb/ms and autoaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    While I may be a bit hard-headed and stubborn, at least I'm not seen as a complete moron. I'm just the type of person that needs physical proof to believe something. Seeing is beleiving to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Doh, and there I was, thinking I'd have a proof of sorts

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Somebody on the internet admitted he was wrong, and then apologized!??

The world is definitely coming to an end. It was a good ride while it lasted.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KayoticKiller View Post
    Well, it appears that I have just been served a piece of humble pie by RoadKill. With some assistance from RoadKill, I can verify the existance of an auto-aim/aiming-assist funcationality within the PS3 version of UT III. I apologize to all and will take my piece of pie and go sit in the corner and eat it.
    I.. oh my god.. KayoticKiller, MASSIVE respect to you. Not for finally "seeing the light", but for being honorable on the internet. I mean ****, son. My opinion of you has skyrocketed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, it appears that I have just been served a piece of humble pie by RoadKill. With some assistance from RoadKill, I can verify the existance of an auto-aim/aiming-assist funcationality within the PS3 version of UT III. I apologize to all and will take my piece of pie and go sit in the corner and eat it.
    Props for being a gracious looser of a debate on a message board for online gaming.

That is truly rare.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You are now one step closer to Enlightenment

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Finally...

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Who is to say that this "source code" wasn't edited to reflect that sometype of "aim assist" exists because someone got mad at Epic or got owned at UT III and felt they got cheated?
    This code is from Epic's own UDN site and is used to develop mods
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Files/UT3/M...Source_1.1.rar (site seems down try it again later)
    http://www.unrealwiki.com/wiki/UnrealScript_Source

The PC version of the game has aim-assist
    They are not the same implementation.
    In the PC version it is auto aim, it adjust the shot instead of adjusting the players aim. It is also for OFFLINE ONLY, it does not effect online play.
    The Console Player controller is Aim assist and instead of adjusting the shot it adjusts the players aim, it work the same offline and online.

Kayotic, get on yim or send me a message on psn if you want a more hands on demonstration and ill attempt to show you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by haslo View Post
    Well, there is an option to turn off aim assist in the PC version. I'm saying "turn off" because it's on by default, even on the PC. Considering the fact that I've yet to see another PC shooter that's not a 100% console port that features aim assist in the first place, and the code base for both the PC version and the console version is as similar as we all know it is, I take that as proof enough that the console version has aim assist, and it's switched on by default (and apparently, there's no way to switch it off).

Particularly if people report it as well, and display videos like that, and even show you the source code. Heck, you can even duplicate that experiment. You've got about one year more gaming experience than me, do people get that much more stubborn in one single year?
    This is kind of what I've been saying all along. The PC version of the game has aim-assist, but has an option to turn it off. I have never seen a console game with aim assist that doesn't also have an option to turn it off. Thank you.

Edit: People report aim-assist on the PS3 version of UT III, just like people report that Elvis is still alive. So because "a lot" of people say it is there, because they want to believe it's there, doesn't mean that it truely is there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RanShak View Post
    SOURCE CODE HAS BEEN POSTED. This is the most serious case of denial I've ever seen.
    Again, I myself have not seen the PS3 versions source code. If I am not mistaken, the source code that is being shown is "supposedly" from the pc version of the game. Who is to say that this "source code" wasn't edited to reflect that sometype of "aim assist" exists because someone got mad at Epic or got owned at UT III and felt they got cheated?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use Mouse/Keyboard for my PS3 and the bullets always go where I want them to go. I dunno if anyone else gets it like I do, but I find it sometimes difficult to scroll up and down with the mouse. I believe this is probably because the PS3 version is optimised for use with the SIXAXIS.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, there is an option to turn off aim assist in the PC version. I'm saying "turn off" because it's on by default, even on the PC. Considering the fact that I've yet to see another PC shooter that's not a 100% console port that features aim assist in the first place, and the code base for both the PC version and the console version is as similar as we all know it is, I take that as proof enough that the console version has aim assist, and it's switched on by default (and apparently, there's no way to switch it off).

Particularly if people report it as well, and display videos like that, and even show you the source code. Heck, you can even duplicate that experiment. You've got about one year more gaming experience than me, do people get that much more stubborn in one single year?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I myself have not seen, heard, read any type of iron clad proof that it does exist. So until then, I'm going to go with what I believe to be true and that is, that it does not exist.
    Seriously, It's there! There is iron clad proof, the **** source code! It's CODED INTO THE GAME! See sense man!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm surprised this debate is still going on. Might as well agree to disagree.

Yes there is aim-assist for the PS3 version that can't be shut off when you use KB/M. It doesn't affect the gameplay all that often but it is there, that's for sure. It would be nice to have that go away, but I can live with it in the meantime.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X