Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 PS3 Kb/ms and autoaim

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Kvnsm67 View Post
    I have noticed what I would classify as an "Enemy Locator". If there is a character from the opposite team NEAR by you, Your character will steer towards them slightly.
    That is the aim assist :P

    Comment


      #47
      Yes, there is Aim Assist but most of the time you don't notice it and there doesn't appear to be a way to turn it off.

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
        Well no matter how much you deny it the aim assist exist. I figured the best way to show it is to look at the ceiling then run at the opponent, your camera will aim down to head level. Its not autocentering because this only happens near players, I tested it a few times.'
        Bad example. I have started up a private server and the game will auto center when I am the only person in there. I do agree though that aim assist is part of the game.

        Comment


          #49
          KayoticKiller, I guess all your 25 years of gaming experience went to waste in this case then, because you have the same game as everyone else, and it does have aim-assist. You've just played with it from day 1 so you're used to it, and are now in denial because you think it detracts from your skill. Oh well.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by lærnu View Post
            KayoticKiller, I guess all your 25 years of gaming experience went to waste in this case then, because you have the same game as everyone else, and it does have aim-assist. You've just played with it from day 1 so you're used to it, and are now in denial because you think it detracts from your skill. Oh well.
            I have to agree. I don't have the PS3 but there has been talk of "aim assist" since day one. Not to mention the source code that RoadKillGrill was kind enough to supply. Kayotic you can deny it all you want and that is certainly your right. However you're wrong......

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by Gate33 View Post
              Bad example. I have started up a private server and the game will auto center when I am the only person in there.
              I forgot to mention you need to turn off auto centering

              Comment


                #52
                Wtf? Theres no 'aim-assist'.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Seriously. The source code has been posted, video has been posted, epic stated it would be in, and its very evident if you simply get one of your friends online to stand still and you strafe left and right fairly close to him, you can see and feel the cursor moving. Just because it hurts your pride that you have not noticed it, does not mean that it is not there.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    I'm not here to add gasoline to the argument fire, but i believe when your moving and NOT moving your crosshair with your right analog stick/mouse the auto-aim takes into effect. If your like me a kb/m person and if your sensitivity is up all the way you never notice it because your always moving your crosshair (thus canceling out the aim-assist). The dumb **** has happen to me before and has got me killed because of this aim-assist **** you can't ''fully'' turn off.

                    To what extent of its potiential, i have no idea. Its just as long as you keep moving your crosshair it probably cancels out the aim-assist.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      From what I remember reading. Just like with Shadowrun on the 360 where you can play with pc users. To balance controller against the kb/m there was aim assist put in to try and keep things balanced.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
                        Well no matter how much you deny it the aim assist exist. I figured the best way to show it is to look at the ceiling then run at the opponent, your camera will aim down to head level. Its not autocentering because this only happens near players, I tested it a few times.

                        http://www.activewebmaster.com/unrea...argetAdhesion-
                        here ya go, heres some source code. While I don't expect you to understand the code, the comment clearly states what the code does:
                        ''This will attempt to keep the player aiming at the target. It will forcibly aim the player at the target.''
                        Roadkill, I myself don't have any friends in my area that have a PS3 or UT III for that matter. I'd like to setup an experiment with you using your suggestion of aiming at the ceiling to set this auto-aim thing to rest once and for all. What times/days are you usuaully playing UT III on the ps3? I don't have a video capture device but will gladly return to the forums to post the HONEST results.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          I never notice any autoaim, and I play IG. Often I'll shoot and miss when I'm aiming just barely beside someone.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            You really want proof of aim assist.

                            Start using shock combo's with the shock rifle.

                            You fire off a core have the mouse frozen and right before you go to fire and blow up the core for the combo, an enemy runs in front of your cursor drawing it off target and screws the whole shot.

                            It's happened to me time and time again.

                            They really need to fix this.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              It doesn't matter what you've experienced, aim-assist is there and it does affect gameplay. There's no point in saying otherwise, as it has been proven and confirmed.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
                                It doesn't matter what you've experienced, aim-assist is there and it does affect gameplay. There's no point in saying otherwise, as it has been proven and confirmed.
                                I myself have not seen, heard, read any type of iron clad proof that it does exist. So until then, I'm going to go with what I believe to be true and that is, that it does not exist.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X