UT3 PS3 Kb/ms and autoaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mangaroo View Post
    There is a slight aim assist with the sixaxis/ds3 controller, can be seen especially when enemy moves past you at close proximity.

I have not noticed any aim assist when i use my keyboard and mouse, im pretty sure it just gets turned off when it senses mouse input (as for fun i sometimes move with the sixaxis and aim with the mouse and no aim assist)
    scratch that, noticed a few days ago playing on K&M that really close range there was some aim assist

Comment

i can do a better example mater
      Rofl @ mater. It's funny but i've no idea why. Awww it's gone

Comment

Originally posted by 13th_Disciple View Post
        as in TA-mater? dem dar red things? mater, mayo and musturd sammich sounds good now..
        Woops hehe, sorry i'm browsing on my phone, its not very good.

Comment

Well, as I've said, I guess MY U.S. RELEASED COPY OF UT III ON THE PS3 IS THE ONLY COPY THAT EXISTS without any sort of auto-aim. Man, I should sell it on eBay for like $1000.00. Any takers? Auto Aim free copy of UT III for the PS3 for sale here.

And unless Epic comes out and says offically otherwise, then I'm not buying it.

Now I have noticed that occianally when I stop running around (when no one is near me) that sometimes my crosshairs will move, but this is because my controller is slightly sticking.

Comment

Originally posted by KayoticKiller View Post
            Well, as I've said, I guess MY U.S. RELEASED COPY OF UT III ON THE PS3 IS THE ONLY COPY THAT EXISTS without any sort of auto-aim. Man, I should sell it on eBay for like $1000.00. Any takers? Auto Aim free copy of UT III for the PS3 for sale here.

And unless Epic comes out and says offically otherwise, then I'm not buying it.

Now I have noticed that occianally when I stop running around (when no one is near me) that sometimes my crosshairs will move, but this is because my controller is slightly sticking.
            Are you sure that the cross hairs aren't auto-centering (since they do that on the PS3). Anyway, with as many reports of the auto aim as there have been by PS3 players I really can't see how you can still deny it exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
              Are you sure that the cross hairs aren't auto-centering (since they do that on the PS3). Anyway, with as many reports of the auto aim as there have been by PS3 players I really can't see how you can still deny it exists.
              I have actually turned off the auto-center feature. The reason why I say it doesn't exist is pretty simple. I have been playing video games for nearly 25 years, dating back to my fathers TI-99 4A, in every game that I have ever played that has had some sort of auto-aim feature embedded in it, it has also had an option to turn off said auto-aim. I have NEVER seen a game with auto-aim not have an option to turn it off. UT III for the ps3 default settings has auto centering on, there is an option to turn this off. Don't you think they would have put an auto-aim off option, if it was included in the game?

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
                I just recorded it to show off the aim assist, i set the bots to novice so i can run around them easy :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5qWasSYpoE

While playing UT3 on the ps3 again i noticed that the aim assist varies between weapons, the flak and rocket have little to none at all while the sniper and shock have heavy aim assist.

I think that explains why the aim assist drove me crazy fast, being a shock ***** :P. I am very ocd about mouse tracking, I hate using cheap mice that skip, they drive me nuts.
                I must be as blind as a bat or something, I did not see once where the crosshairs followed the bot or adjust to the bots location one bit. The guy controlling the character was walking left to right and back and fourth and I never saw the crosshairs "auto adjust" as they would have had there been an "auto-aim" feature.

Comment

I have actually turned off the auto-center feature. The reason why I say it doesn't exist is pretty simple. I have been playing video games for nearly 25 years, dating back to my fathers TI-99 4A, in every game that I have ever played that has had some sort of auto-aim feature embedded in it, it has also had an option to turn off said auto-aim. I have NEVER seen a game with auto-aim not have an option to turn it off. UT III for the ps3 default settings has auto centering on, there is an option to turn this off. Don't you think they would have put an auto-aim off option, if it was included in the game?
                  You clearly haven't been floating around these forums very long or you would realize that UT3 is lacking in a large number of features. You're arguement that if aim assist was there there would be an option is an invalid argument.

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
                  I just recorded it to show off the aim assist, i set the bots to novice so i can run around them easy :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5qWasSYpoE

While playing UT3 on the ps3 again i noticed that the aim assist varies between weapons, the flak and rocket have little to none at all while the sniper and shock have heavy aim assist.

I think that explains why the aim assist drove me crazy fast, being a shock ***** :P. I am very ocd about mouse tracking, I hate using cheap mice that skip, they drive me nuts.
                  I can see it. I find it most noticable when it draws your aim downwards as you are rising in the elevator. With the left and right movements I notice it but I can see how this video wouldn't convince everyone.

KayoticKiller I would say that one day you'll eat your words except Epic never gives an official response to anything.

Comment

bclagge, I did re-watch the video and played special attention to the part of the video where the guy is coming back up the elevator. The crosshairs do move down closer to the bots head. However, when the crosshairs drop, the controller isn't in the picture and neither are the persons hands. Also, I'm going to make a big assumption here, I'm assuming that the controller buttons are set to default. After the elevator rises and the guy starts moving forward, shortly after he begins to move forward he switches from the sniper rifle to the shock rifle. If the buttons are set to default settings, the way the weapon switched accord accord to the screen and video footage, it would require that the R2 button be pressed, not the L2 button, which when pressed shows the "weapon wheel" selections. (not sure what it's really called) Therefore, if the R2 button was pressed, it would not be to far fetched to say that it's possible that the right analog stick was also moved in the process. You also can't see the individuals other hand, which could be controlling a mouse connected to the ps3 or even possible the fragX setup. I don't personally feel that this video is diffinative proof that auto-aim on the ps3 exists.

Comment

I must be as blind as a bat or something, I did not see once where the crosshairs followed the bot or adjust to the bots location one bit. The guy controlling the character was walking left to right and back and fourth and I never saw the crosshairs "auto adjust" as they would have had there been an "auto-aim" feature.
                      What's happening in the video is pretty subtle, I didn't really noticed until I watched it a second time looking specifically for it

Comment

You also can't see the individuals other hand, which could be controlling a mouse connected to the ps3 or even possible the fragX setup. I don't personally feel that this video is diffinative proof that auto-aim on the ps3 exists.
                        Ya after posting the video i thought about that, i knew someone would bring that up but no, i didnt have a mouse plugged in. Also i did the video in one take and while i tried to keep the controller on the screen i wasnt sure it it was showing up at all, its rather dark :P.

I picked up his gun thats why there was a weapon switch.

Comment

I think it's much easier to notice when you're using a mouse. I actually didn't see anything in your video like what I've had happen with mine.

I've had it actually pull my crosshairs 5 inches across the screen to follow an enemy that walked in front of me while I'm aiming at someone else. It's a small annoyance, and I am 100% sure it's there. It's hard to really see though. And it's not auto-aim, it's aim-assist. It's for the controller, but doesn't turn itself off when you use a mouse.

Comment

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but I'm 10,000% sure that Auto-Aim is not there, at least on the U.S. copy of UT III that I own for my PS3.

Comment

I'm 10,000% sure that Auto-Aim is not there
                              Well no matter how much you deny it the aim assist exist. I figured the best way to show it is to look at the ceiling then run at the opponent, your camera will aim down to head level. Its not autocentering because this only happens near players, I tested it a few times.

http://www.activewebmaster.com/unrea...argetAdhesion-
                              here ya go, heres some source code. While I don't expect you to understand the code, the comment clearly states what the code does:
                              ''This will attempt to keep the player aiming at the target. It will forcibly aim the player at the target.''

Comment

OK. so, I stopped reading in the middle of the third page. Everyone just seems to be repeating themselves anyway.
                                I haven't noticed an "Actual" auto aim.
                                I have noticed what I would classify as an "Enemy Locator". If there is a character from the opposite team NEAR by you, Your character will steer towards them slightly.
                                Its your choice to follow the game hint and go after the enemy or carry on with your original objective.

Speaking for myself, my rocket launcher doesn't lock onto target athird of what it should, and I'm pretty sure the sight on my link gun is bent slightly, cause I always hit my target down and alittle to the right of center. But thats a whole different topic, and I've learned to adjust to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X