No announcement yet.

UT3 PS3 Kb/ms and autoaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The aim assist on the ps3 version is crazy, its turns to the closest enemy every time. Its unplayable with a mouse with so much aim assist. I was shocked how different the PS3 version plays from the PC version. There is no way to lead shots.

Comment

No autoaim what so ever in UT3.
      Where did you get this info?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultra-Ben27 View Post
        No autoaim what so ever in UT3.
        Where did you get this info?
        The PS3 version DOES it is very obvious aim assist, if you have played it you can tell.

Comment

There is a tiny bit of Auto-aim... the biggest way to notice is that when someone plays dead, your gun will auto-lock onto the body. Also, stand still , and watch your gun move SLIGHTLY when someone runs past... it is not enough to make that much of a difference, but can be slightly annoying when there are two people in your sight, and the game makes you try and lock onto the other one. I have only had about 3 times that I know I have failed to get a kill because of this, and thats out of about 15 k Kills.

But there is certainly not enough auto-aim to make it a non-skilled game, and its by far the hardest game on any console to get good at.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
            The PS3 version DOES it is very obvious aim assist, if you have played it you can tell.
            I've played UT III on the ps3 sense launch and have NEVER EVER EVER NOTICED ANY SORT OF AUTO AIM OF ANY KIND, PERIOD.

Edit: There is not an option to turn such a feature on or off in the settings for UT III on the PS3. Therefore, I would logically assume that it does not exist.

Edit 2: Lanky, what you are seeing is the "auto center" feature of the game. This is completely different than an "auto aim" feature. I have played many a duel match and have pointed my cross hairs a people pretending to be dead or those that I have just killed and never have I ever seen my crosshairs adjust.

Comment

the only kind of auto aim in this game that i've noticed is the homing system on the Rocket Launcher and Avril. i have used both PS3 controller and KBM and they're the same except moving your crosshairs with a mouse is a bit easier. when someone finds the auto aim option let me know. lol

Comment

There is a slight aim assist with the sixaxis/ds3 controller, can be seen especially when enemy moves past you at close proximity.

I have not noticed any aim assist when i use my keyboard and mouse, im pretty sure it just gets turned off when it senses mouse input (as for fun i sometimes move with the sixaxis and aim with the mouse and no aim assist)

Comment

I guess i lucked out and got the only copy of UT III for the ps3 without aim assist.

Yeah Me. Because my copy has no freakin aim assist **** it. So don't try to tell me that it does. I've been playing it long enough. Until offical proof from Epic can be provided, I'll take the stance that all of you that believe that it does are smoking major dubage and need to lay the pipe down.

Edit: In my almost 25 + years of gaming I have never seen/heard of "slight aim assist". It's either there or it isn't. Also, I have never seen a game that comes with "aim assist" that doesn't have an option to turn it off. And guess what? Thats not an option on the PS3 version of this game. So there.

Comment

Originally posted by KayoticKiller View Post
                    I guess i lucked out and got the only copy of UT III for the ps3 without aim assist.

Yeah Me. Because my copy has no freakin aim assist **** it. So don't try to tell me that it does. I've been playing it long enough. Until offical proof from Epic can be provided, I'll take the stance that all of you that believe that it does are smoking major dubage and need to lay the pipe down.

Edit: In my almost 25 + years of gaming I have never seen/heard of "slight aim assist". It's either there or it isn't. Also, I have never seen a game that comes with "aim assist" that doesn't have an option to turn it off. And guess what? Thats not an option on the PS3 version of this game. So there.
                    Well it seems as though enough other people have experienced it to say that it is categorically there, just because epic shipped a half finished game missing feature that it should have does not mean aim assist doesn't exist:

Originally posted by Uzi Downes View Post
                    I hope they do add in something official that does the same thing next patch, it'd be good to have official support for proper speeds (even if optional).

I was having a look at UTConsolePlayerController.uc in an attempt to have a go at trying to kill autoaim, it has a "fixme" in the comments which sounds like original intention was to have it checking to see if the player is using a controller or a mouse, turning it on for controller and off for mouse. But because it's unfinished it looks like it's just set to being true for the time being, good news is this means we will hopefully see it implemented as they intended next patch, seeing as it was never meant to be in a finished state like it is anyway.

Add in a fix for dodge on kb and we could have pretty much the same gameplay experience soon enough. Fingers crossed.

Comment

If you own a copy of UT3 for PS3, then the magnetism is there when you use KB/M whether you realize it or not. It's not something you're going to notice very often, because it doesn't happen that often. When you're aiming at someone far away (even with KB/M), and an enemy runs horizontally in front of you, your crosshairs will be attracted to that enemy closer to you. It's easy to notice when you're using KB/M since you know you aren't moving your mouse when it happens.

This only happens because the controller and KB/M are both active at the same time. If it was set up so that you could choose to use KB/M or controller, then the assists used for the controller wouldn't be a problem for KB/M. Saying "auto-aim" is not the right term. Auto-aim would be like holding down L1 and it locked on to an enemy while you pressed the fire button over and over again. Very different.

Comment

I just recorded it to show off the aim assist, i set the bots to novice so i can run around them easy :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5qWasSYpoE

While playing UT3 on the ps3 again i noticed that the aim assist varies between weapons, the flak and rocket have little to none at all while the sniper and shock have heavy aim assist.

I think that explains why the aim assist drove me crazy fast, being a shock ***** :P. I am very ocd about mouse tracking, I hate using cheap mice that skip, they drive me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                          there was never any auto aim for the PS3 version of UT3, however there is a subtle form of aim assist, so you may have to check more carefully.
                          I agree.........no auto aim exists on the ps3 version of UT III.

Comment

I just recorded it to show off the aim assist, i set the bots to novice so i can run around them easy :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5qWasSYpoE

While playing UT3 on the ps3 again i noticed that the aim assist varies between weapons, the flak and rocket have little to none at all while the sniper and shock have heavy aim assist.

I think that explains why the aim assist drove me crazy fast, being a shock ***** :P. I am very ocd about mouse tracking, I hate using cheap mice that skip, they drive me nuts.
                            I'll have to check out your "auto-aim" video later this evening and will post back then. However, i think what you're seeing is more of the auto center feature more so than an auto aim.

Comment

an auto centering feature should not turn your camera left or right like it it shown in this video.

sorry its not the best example, but i did it quickly to show a point, i can do a better example later.
                              *edit: lol spelling

Comment

an auto centering feature should not turn your camera left or right like it it shown in this video.

sorry its not the best example, but i did it quickly to show a point, i can do a better example mater.
                                as in TA-mater? dem dar red things? mater, mayo and musturd sammich sounds good now..

Comment

Working...
                                X