Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 PS3 Kb/ms and autoaim

Hello.

As my comp is not as good as it should be i gonna buy UT3 for my PS3.

Now i wonder about the autoaim.
    I have read that some people can't turn it off on ps3 or something like that?
    It is very strange if you can't do that, as you can play with Keyboard and mouse on the ps3 (as i gonna do) The game should "sense" this and put autoaim off (and on if you use controller maybe or something like that)

But, is it able to turn the darn noobish auto aim off on the PS3 version?
    If not, i prob. not gonna buy this :'(

i did not notice any autoaim

Comment

No, there is not a way to turn it off, but it might be disabled automatically when using a keyboard and mouse. I haven't tried one yet though.

Comment

Hm ok..

I would be very greatful if anyone who can try it out with keyboard and mouse and tell how it is

EDIT:

Any Admin or such who can tell us? if autoaim goes away auto when you choose to play with keyboard and mouse? if i don't go away, it kinda destroys everything..

Comment

There is no auto-aim when using keyboard and mouse.

In fact, I didn't even notice any (perhaps i turned it off and didn't remember) when using the sixaxis.

Comment

Ah!

Thank you very much!

UT3 is now a must have on the PS3 :>

Comment

there was never any auto aim for the PS3 version of UT3, however there is a subtle form of aim assist, so you may have to check more carefully.

Comment

Hm ok..

Well wonder if that "small assist" destroys the random combo shocks you wanna throw away?

If you wanna throw a combo at a corner and quite close of that corner a player appears, and then the assist thingy sense that and the "beam" go closer to that player or something?

Comment

I've only had 100% enjoyable experiences playing UT3 with a sixaxis. No problems.. Some may compain about turning speeds and that sort of thing, but that can all be tweaked in the controller setup.

Comment

Mine doesn't use autoaim, and I use a controller with my ps3.

Comment

Unless you play PS3 on a couch in front of a big screen without a coffee table in front of it, just play with KB/M. I play a lot of PS3 games but this the only one that I can't play with a controller. Not everyone's set up is right for KB/M though, I understand that, but if you can comfortably get a KB/M then use it for UT3.

Comment

Awesome guys, thanks alot!

Comment

Yeah thanks, I was also worried about this being a problem.

Comment

there is Aim Assist but it's unnoticeable in most situations

Comment

Yeah you'll likely never notice it but every now and then the cursor floats off to the side when an enemy swipes by you. It seems like an artifact of the controller being active more than it is a mouse-enabled auto aim.

Comment

Working...
                              X