compatable ut3 video cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compatable ut3 video cards?

what are some ut3 compatable video cards? that do show good graphics and not all chopy and crappy looking

List your system specs including your current PSU, CPU,GPU, RAM, etc...

Comment

8600gt/7800gt or better for nvidia.

x1950gt or anything above that is not a 2600 series for ati.

Comment

oh my system specs way outa the lege of operateing none of my pcs can i was just wondering if there is a list of ompatable video cards

Comment

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 will run it?

Comment

Oh....I dont know if there's an actual list, but take koopa's advice...But if I were you, I wouldnt get an 8600 GT, get a GTS...They have overall better performance....In fact, click the link in my sig, I bought that GFX card, and am waiting for it to arrive via UPS...But you can also use the site to search for potential upgrades....

Comment

Originally posted by aeak333 View Post
              No...right now I only have my integrated GFX card, which is a Nvidia 6150 LE card, and it can barely run UT2K4....When I tried running UT3, on LOW settings, I got around 10 FPS....I cant wait until I get my new 8600 GTS!

Comment

Originally posted by HereComesDeath
                I cant wait until I get my new 8600 GTS!
                Please cancel the order! If you want to buy a mid-range card, wait some more for the 8800gs, it will be a much better card for the same price. Or buy the ATI HD3850 (?). The 8800gs will be launched to compete with this ATI. Look at benchmarks of the HD3850:
                80 vs 40 fps at 1600x1200 http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3151&p=8

Comment

Best bets right now in terms of value for the money are:

ATI 3850
                  ATI 3870
                  nVidia 8800 GT

I suggest finding hardware enthusiast websites and doing lots of research. Try these two:

http://www.Anandtech.com (visit the Video discussion forum)

http://www.TomsHardware.com

Find the article about best graphic cards for the money for January and also the video card benchmarking comparison tool (I think there's a link to it in the Best Cards for the Money article).

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                    Please cancel the order! If you want to buy a mid-range card, wait some more for the 8800gs, it will be a much better card for the same price. Or buy the ATI HD3850 (?). The 8800gs will be launched to compete with this ATI. Look at benchmarks of the HD3850:
                    80 vs 40 fps at 1600x1200 http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3151&p=8
                    The order is already shipped, I cant just ask them to take it back....I also only have a 300w PSU, and cant find one to fit my tiny case (Dell Inspiron 531)....I plan on upgrading my entire rig soon(in the next couple months), and there's no point in trying to upgrade this...In order to get a bigger PSU, I gotta get a bigger case, which is gonna cost around 100-200 bucks, then another 100 for a reliabe PSU, then I STILL have to buy that other card....And in anycase, even if I did upgrade the PSU and case, my processor and motherboard are still bottle necks....I simply dont have the money right now to uupgrade this PC...Im gonna wait til I have around 2k saved up and get a monster rig, so I dont have to upgrade for a few years...Know what I mean?

Comment

On top of that, I only have a 19" flat panel(big enough for me though) and it's max res is 1440x900 I think...I might run it at 1024x768 so it runs at it's optimum performance...So like I said, I dont have the money to keep upgading this, and I'm fine with my 8600 GTS that's on it's way....

Comment

i have an 8500gt 512 megs and its not choppy, it studders once in a while, but other than that its smooth, i have everything up there except resolution which i keep at 1280 rather than my monitor max of 1400

Comment

Ive got an Nvidia GeForce 8600GT (1024 MB version) Card. it runs quite well on max details.

Comment

oddly when I got my hd 3870 512 it ran exactly the same as it did when I had my x1950 pro 512 (40-20 fps). I was completely confused by this until I found a command in the utengine.ini that turned off ati textures and turned on nvidia textures. it is evident that those are sabotage commands so that nvidia's "the way it was meant be played" was true. After I turned nvidia textures off and ati textures on I get a smooth and consistent 62 fps. Just a timbit if you get this card and wonder where the *** is the performance boost.

Comment

Originally posted by aeak333 View Post
                              Barely. You need to upgrade to a real video card. 8600GT 256MB for $120 or 8800GT 512MB for $260, would be my pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X