Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahhhh Blue screen of death???Need help ASAP

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ahhhh Blue screen of death???Need help ASAP

    ****! I was just on my desktop when i went to my ati settings thing at the bottom right of my screen. I hit NvidiaGforce8800 the hit "set desktop area to"
    then i hit somthing like 1024X740 or somthing... then my screen went completly blue. I tried restarting it but that didnt work. It only works when i have it hooked up through s video which really sucks. I need to hook it up back through VGA somhow. Any thing i can do??!?!?!?!?

    #2
    when in S video try putting it back to what it was. If that doesn't work try system restore.

    Comment


      #3
      yea it tried redoing it in svideo. how do i do system restore

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by NewPCGamer View Post
        ****! I was just on my desktop when i went to my ati settings thing at the bottom right of my screen. I hit NvidiaGforce8800 the hit "set desktop area to"
        then i hit somthing like 1024X740 or somthing... then my screen went completly blue. I tried restarting it but that didnt work. It only works when i have it hooked up through s video which really sucks. I need to hook it up back through VGA somhow. Any thing i can do??!?!?!?!?
        So you just have a normal blue screen at boot or a BSOD? Blue screen of death is a Windows stop error -- they're two very different issues. What OS?

        If it's the former then can you see anything displayed while POSTing? Try booting into safe mode and make your changes there if possible.

        Comment


          #5
          i have a normal blue screen at boot i think. Im using wndows XP. I can see everything im posting cause i have it hooked up through s video. How do i boot into safe mode? and if i change settings their wont they only be changed when im hooked up through s video?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by NewPCGamer View Post
            i have a normal blue screen at boot i think. Im using wndows XP. I can see everything im posting cause i have it hooked up through s video. How do i boot into safe mode? and if i change settings their wont they only be changed when im hooked up through s video?
            When you hook up VGA, can you see anything POST?

            Boot into safe mode by pressing F8 between POST and the Windows XP boot logo. I usually just start repeatedly pressing F8 during boot.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by commiecat View Post
              When you hook up VGA, can you see anything POST?

              Boot into safe mode by pressing F8 between POST and the Windows XP boot logo. I usually just start repeatedly pressing F8 during boot.
              Wait im confused... when im hooked up throught vga i can see up untill it says windows XP and does the loading bar. Then instead of going to user sign in thing it just goes blue. So i should just rack on F8 when i start it up?

              Comment


                #8
                i really wanna fix this caue i just installed ut3 and i wanna start playing on a good resolution!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by NewPCGamer View Post
                  Wait im confused... when im hooked up throught vga i can see up untill it says windows XP and does the loading bar. Then instead of going to user sign in thing it just goes blue. So i should just rack on F8 when i start it up?
                  Yes, exactly. Hook up w/ VGA and then boot into safe mode. It doesn't go straight to safe mode when you press F8 -- you'll get a menu screen with about a dozen options. The first three should be something like "Safe Mode", "Safe Mode (with networking)" and "Safe Mode (command prompt)". Just choose plain ol' Safe Mode.

                  If all is well you should get into Windows with like a 640x480 screen or something horribly large. Change the video settings (they'll be limited but don't worry) and save them, then when you reboot you should hopefully have all your normal options back.

                  BTW, are you on an LCD or CRT monitor?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    lcd tv. How do i save the settings? will it be an option in the window?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      OMG it worked!!!! thanks sooooooo much i was begining to freak out. I owe you one! thanks again

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by NewPCGamer View Post
                        lcd tv. How do i save the settings? will it be an option in the window?
                        Yeah, you know how to adjust your resolution, right? In safe mode you'll probably only have like 2 or 3 resolutions; 640x480 and 800x600 or something. Just change it and click "Apply" and then reboot. When it comes back up normally you should have all your resolutions available.

                        EDIT: Glad you got it fixed. Good luck and enjoy the game!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          one last thing so this dosnt happen agan... my old gfx card was ati so there is the ATI thing in the bottom right hand corner... how do i delete that?
                          thanks again

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by NewPCGamer View Post
                            one last thing so this dosnt happen agan... my old gfx card was ati so there is the ATI thing in the bottom right hand corner... how do i delete that?
                            thanks again
                            You can either just go to your Control Panel and uninstall the ATI software through Add/Remove Programs and/or if you're tech-savvy and really want to clean things up do a Google search for "driver cleaner". It's a handy little application that will clean up all the remnants of old drivers (e.g., Creative, ATI, nVidia).

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X