• Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Cross platform with PC?

Does anyone know if/when this is going to happen

EDIT: Server wise

No..........

Comment

Most of the people I know that have ps3 play it with keyboards and mouses so it deffinetely wouldn't be unfair

Comment

Yes but a PC user would be sat at a desk, they'd have their game fine tuned to suit his play style to a degree a ps3 user never could (ie: through ini tweaks) and in most cases be far more experienced at this kind of gameplay. So chances are it would be a total mismatch.

Its just a shame that the realisation that cross platform wasn't going to work wasn't reached much sooner as i'm sure the PC version would of taken a different direction.

Comment

Cross platform would be awesome.
          And Spank$hot, I don't think fine tuning has much to say. In the end your skills is what matters the most.

And cross platform would finally solv the PC problem with very few servers and players!

Comment

Originally posted by Spank$hot_BT View Post
            Yes but a PC user would be sat at a desk, they'd have their game fine tuned to suit his play style to a degree a ps3 user never could (ie: through ini tweaks) and in most cases be far more experienced at this kind of gameplay. So chances are it would be a total mismatch.

Its just a shame that the realisation that cross platform wasn't going to work wasn't reached much sooner as i'm sure the PC version would of taken a different direction.
            I was under the impression they were still talking about doing it.
            They haven't said much to make me think otherwise, thats why I was curious to see if anything else was released about this.

But what different direction are you referring too?

P.S. - If they are going to fix anything, its advertising, I'm tired of no one playing this thing. Hard to find a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Spank$hot_BT View Post
              If you play on ctf servers with mouse and keyboard support people kick *** just like on pc. (it's the same gamers anyway)

Comment

Wouldn't it be possible just to have certain servers setup for crossplatform play? Can't they game just block your ini tweaks so you don't get any advantages over the console guys, and work out what works for both sides?

Comment

Cross platform with team balance wouldn't be too bad. It's not like its going to be all ps3 players against all PC players. Doh.

Comment

The patching issue is why we will never see cross platform play, would the pc users still be happy yo be on version 1.0 because the ps3 version hasnt been patched yet ?

didnt think so

Comment

Originally posted by Allanwlls View Post
                      The patching issue is why we will never see cross platform play, would the pc users still be happy yo be on version 1.0 because the ps3 version hasnt been patched yet ?

didnt think so
                      They can patch UT3 on ps3............................................... ..............................................

Comment

This question is beaten to death here already. PS3 owners keep overlooking the fact that many many PC owners do not want to play with console owners. How may people want to spend their own money to host a game on a server that has to be dumbed downed to let PS3 owners in? Unpatched, unmodded, etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by [TT]BrundleFly View Post
                          This question is beaten to death here already. PS3 owners keep overlooking the fact that many many PC owners do not want to play with console owners. How may people want to spend their own money to host a game on a server that has to be dumbed downed to let PS3 owners in? Unpatched, unmodded, etc, etc.
                          QFT.

Originally posted by hasol
                          And Spank$hot, I don't think fine tuning has much to say. In the end your skills is what matters the most.
                          It's fundamentally all about skill yes, but a highly tweaked and perfected setup can boost player ability through such things like: Smoother frames/aiming, greater visibility, etc.

So no, it wouldn't be balanced unless us PC'ers were forced to run an untweaked game.

Comment

Originally posted by xbdonx View Post
                            They can patch UT3 on ps3............................................... ..............................................
                            Yeah they can, but it takes a while. It was stated in one of the interviews. If they want to patch a PC game, they can just put it up. If they want to patch a console game, it has to go through a process, taking much longer. The PC is Epic's home community, so they can't hold them back.

Comment

Well this is a ****ty situation, I really would like to play with my Ps3 buddies

Comment

Working...
                              X