Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need suggestions for my new UT3 US low ping Warfare server with no orb and dodge jump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need suggestions for my new UT3 US low ping Warfare server with no orb and dodge jump

Hi Folks,

I'm planning to start a new US UT3 warfare server very soon using professional hosting. The server already runs a few UT2k4 servers since many months. Because it's located in the center of the US (St. Louis, Missouri), 99% of people on good connections all over the US get pings of 30 to 80 on it, with most people getting 50 to 60. Since the number of people playing UT3 is not very high now, having only a east or west coast server is not going to help much.

I have already attempted to configure the server a month or so ago before the patch 1 but was getting weird problems that no one on the server admin forum could help me with so I gave up for a while. I am going to make one more try very soon(maybe even today).

Two things I WANT to have on my server are the no orb mutator(I've played warfare and the orb seems to turn it into vctf with the orb instead of a flag, it's especially bad on that map with the countdown node, might as well toss a coin to decide the winner) and the dodge jump mutator(to aid in dodging from mantas and vipers etc.).

I request the UT99 purists please stop debating my choice of mutators(I know they are ut2k4 style) and not to hijack this thread talking about how dodge jump sucks because warfare/ONS was never in ut'99. If you want to debate dodge jump, please go to the DM and CTF threads since dodge jump makes more of a difference to game play there(like the one i was already flamed in, http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...e+jump+mutator)

Coming back to the point, I am looking for suggestions for more server settings and mutators that people are looking for. Please note that I've got super busy at work and each mutator needs a lot of configuring and research before it works so don't mind if I don't install all the mutators that you suggest. Before starting the server I would like have the 2 mutators I mentioned setup and maybe also the utcomp one, but things like the no arrows mutator I will be installing eventually. Looking forward for your input.

Edit: I just came to know the server browser doesn't list the games with custom mutators by default, is this true?

Yeah, but people will untick it to see all servers. If you're taking requests I'd love to see FreeFOV! http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594587 Asbolutely fantastic for the people with widescreen monitors. Hope to play on your server!

Comment

I have a widescreen monitor, so this mutator will be in

Comment

Color mutator:

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=595358

and CustomUT

Comment

Please give it an idle kick! Little is more irritating that losing because half your team went to have snack.

Comment

If you want to have anyone jump on your server to try it out when it's empty. You know like first person on it. You need to have it set to 8 players, means 7 bots + the min 1 netplayer. The bots need to be at least set to skilled, but adept is best. Average and experienced bots are OK for DM, but useless in WAR.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I'm working on configuring the server.

Comment

Working...
              X