PC to PS3 connectivity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC to PS3 connectivity?

I slightly recall reading somewhere that it was possible to play versus PC users (and vice versa) on the PS3. Is this supported?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Yes it may be possible. This is called hax, preaty easy in concept
      as far as i know, it was possible on PS2:
      play PS2 as a PC system vs PC
      Play PC as a PS2 vs PS2.
      I'm not sure about the PS3.
      But some ini tweaks in UT3/"secret" make sence
      There is no point in doing so since there would be cross platform play anyway.

Comment

Any chance of some real info on this subject. Anyone from Epic ever read these forums? Are there any contact details available to ask Epic direct?

I heard a fleeting mention about connectivity between PS3 and PC on a tv programme but have found no confirmation of this.

Half my friends are PC gamers and the other half are console players. It would be nice to be able to all play together.

Comment

Currently there is NO cross platform play between PC & PS3, partly due to the lengthy certification process of patches which has to take place on the PS3. This would hold up the PC players so it has been left out.

Mark Rein has stated that although cross platform play is possible, it may never happen, especially if the PC users will receive a degraded play experience as the PS3 version is about 20% slower than the PC version, although I'm sure that they will look into it in the future after several patches have been applied.

If you're wondering how many patches there could be, UT2004 had 7 or 8 official patches taking the game from v3186-3369.

Comment

Use the search function before asking this stuff! ffs

Comment

I wish people would stop using gameplay speed difference as an excuse. The PS3 version already has a mutator a lot of people use that bring it up to PC speed, if not faster. And a PC player could certainly enjoy matches with 20% lower gamespeed, only the "hardcore" players whine about the game being "dumbed down" for crossplatform, when nobody would be twisting their arm to join these servers anyway. Most of us by far I think would appreciate the diversity and choice that crossplatform gameplay would bring to UT3, plus it would be one more thing setting UT3 apart from other current titles, and bring it some much needed attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                I wish people would stop using gameplay speed difference as an excuse. The PS3 version already has a mutator a lot of people use that bring it up to PC speed, if not faster. And a PC player could certainly enjoy matches with 20% lower gamespeed, only the "hardcore" players whine about the game being "dumbed down" for crossplatform, when nobody would be twisting their arm to join these servers anyway. Most of us by far I think would appreciate the diversity and choice that crossplatform gameplay would bring to UT3, plus it would be one more thing setting UT3 apart from other current titles, and bring it some much needed attention.
                Well Said!

Players across PC, PS3, and X360, all on the same server, now that would be a blast. I'd play just for the trash talking alone, lol.

Comment

Well, the 360 part is a stretch, as xbox uses a closed network and I can't see MS changing that for one game.

Comment

Working...
                  X