This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Mutators and Game Types don't support custom content. These types of mods don't have maps typically associated with them which is where the content would be stored.

Total Conversions do support custom content. TC mods do have maps associated with them and can then access custom content stored there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
    You can use custom models just not in a mutator.
    I guess I'd be curious, as someone new to UT, what are some examples of previous/current mutators that the UT community really enjoyed/enjoy that use custom models? Just wondering what type of stuff the PS3 community is likely to be missing out on. Seems like we'll still get the great maps people create, but how many of the mutators are likely to use custom models?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So a mutator that spawns a giant spider that kills everyone is a no no for the PS3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
    For some reason Sony does not want to, or can not, release the proprietary ATRAC3 encoding libraries for us to include with end-user tools. We're still looking into possible work-arounds for this but we think this is a relatively small limitation.
    My guess is that they're trying to avoid users embedding proprietary music into their maps/mods, they don't want the owners of said music banging on their door.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kronos View Post
    I just dont understand why Total Conversion mods are up on the supported list, and that custom models/sounds are in the unsupported list.
    You can use custom models just not in a mutator. Using custom models in a mutator would vastly increase the chances of out of memory problems when used with the existing game maps. Custom sounds are another story. For some reason Sony does not want to, or can not, release the proprietary ATRAC3 encoding libraries for us to include with end-user tools. We're still looking into possible work-arounds for this but we think this is a relatively small limitation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nul View Post
    Kinda sounds that way from that article.

If true it'd mean a majority of custom maps probably won't work even if cooked either. You don't see many 'good' custom maps released with just stock assets.
    The limitation described in the notes does not apply to maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kronos View Post
    Under the supported list it says you can have total conversion mods, which consist of completely unique content such as models, textures, and sounds. But on the unsupported list it says you cannot have such things as unique models ect.
    We'll get some clarification for you. You can, of course, create your own models when you create our your own maps. But stand-alone mutators can't make use of them for fear introducing memory-hogging things into existing maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Kinda sounds that way from that article.

If true it'd mean a majority of custom maps probably won't work even if cooked either. You don't see many 'good' custom maps released with just stock assets.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just dont understand why Total Conversion mods are up on the supported list, and that custom models/sounds are in the unsupported list.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ya know in the supported area they say they allow custom models and in the not supported area they say they dont.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Theres two things I'm seeing that could be miss leading people including myself.

Under the supported list it says you can have total conversion mods, which consist of completely unique content such as models, textures, and sounds. But on the unsupported list it says you cannot have such things as unique models ect.

Supported:A Total Conversion, or TC, typically means replacing all of the content that shipped with a game with completely unique content, including the main menu.

Not Supported:Mutators and game types must consist of UnrealScript code only. This means that you cannot have a mutator that turns all UT3 weapons into a space cow model that you import.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Custom Content in Mutators?

Custom Content in Mutators?

Read this http://psnathome.com/news.php?item.479

If this is true I want my money back from my PS3 version of the game. When Epic's Mark Rein tolds us about custom content on the PS3 I remember something like this:

"Yes. Anything you can put in a level. "Level" is a little deceiving now because, with the streaming system that we have, a level isn't just one map anymore. But anything you can put in there, which includes maps, models, Unreal Kismet scripts, Unreal Script, textures, shaders, matinee instructions. Anything that we can do, you can do." -Joystick 2007-08-03

Tell me what you think.
Working...
X