Is there any point in me buying UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any point in me buying UT3?

Due to my work, I have Windows 2003 Enterprise installed on my gaming computer. This works fine for most games, and I can play doom, ut2004, counter-strike, civ4 and a lot of other games with no problems.

However, I've seen a lot of people making posts about having problems running even the dedicated server of UT3 on win2k3. So I wonder, is there any point in me buying the game at all? Is there a chance I can get it to run on Windows 2003? No, I'm not installing another OS.

Try the demo.

Comment

I tried the demo now. First, I got the modified executable ****, then I downloaded the patch and launched the game. The loading image stays there for about 5 seconds, then I get a black screen, it goes back to the loading image and my desktop and i get an unhandled win32 exception. What's so bloody hard about coding for Win2k3? It's just XP with a few additions... All the other companies (whos games I've tried to run on this machine) do it perfectly...

Guess there's no UT3 for me, then

Comment

Originally posted by bolt View Post
        I tried the demo now. First, I got the modified executable ****, then I downloaded the patch and launched the game. The loading image stays there for about 5 seconds, then I get a black screen, it goes back to the loading image and my desktop and i get an unhandled win32 exception. What's so bloody hard about coding for Win2k3? It's just XP with a few additions... All the other companies (whos games I've tried to run on this machine) do it perfectly...

Guess there's no UT3 for me, then
        Maybe it's not your OS that is the problem, but all the bugg in UT3!

I've got XP and I had alot of trouble making UT3 work! It crashed just like it did for you!
        So check out the stickies in the troubleshooting forum and try modding the ini file and downloading new drivers. I'm 90% sure it'll work on w2k3!

Comment

Working...
        X