Full Unreal 3 tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Unreal 3 tools?

EDIT: Please just see second post, as Matfei so clearly pointed out to me my laziness regarding this post.

Im sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but do i need to purchase the full PC version to have access to full mod tools?

Im an FX artist and im itching to make some particles in Unreal 3, i have the PS3 and i dont want to have to re-buy the game.

Again im sorry if this has been addressed and thank you for your replies!

Well from reading multiple threads it seams like some others are coming across the same thing as me. I wouldnt mind buying UT3 for the PC to get the mod tools, but can someone tell me if these tools are the same the devs used? I hate digging into a dev tool just to find out its not the real thing and kind of limited.

Again, im mainly interested in the FX side of things, so if someone (hopefully a developer) can tell me these arent gimped then i would be happily buy the PC version as well.

If a developer can tell me this too, is the particle editor in the editor, is it a UT3 editor, or the Unreal 3 editor? (Meaning can my particle be used in other game that use the unreal 3 engine?) I dont want to use it for other games, id just like to train myself in the editor.

Comment

PC tools are the exact same used to produce the game. Furthermore apologising if you're thread topic has already been addressed isn't an excuse for laziness. Especially when at least another thread no further back than the second page discusses the same thing.

Protip.

Comment

Originally posted by Matfei View Post
        PC tools are the exact same used to produce the game. Furthermore apologising if you're thread topic has already been addressed isn't an excuse for laziness. Especially when at least another thread no further back than the second page discusses the same thing.

Protip.
        Laziness would have been you explaining this to me before i found it out... Furthermore the exact question i had was answered about 4 pages into the the topic. How about i jump on your case for spelling "apologizing" wrong, and calling you lazy? Shesh, lay off the power trip; its just an online forum.

Thanks for the reply, but can you confirm that it isn't a gimped version and will actually work for all unreal 3 projects? IE this isn't an "Unreal tournament 3 particle editor" I don't care what format the emitters can be exported as, as long as i can fraps it.

Can someone else tell me if the editor has a "simulate" function? For example, if the particle is meant to be a projectile i can simulate the movement of that particle from within the editor?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffPalmer View Post
          How about i jump on your case for spelling "apologizing" wrong, and calling you lazy? Shesh, lay off the power trip; its just an online forum.
          We don't use US English here in Australia, or weren't you aware of it? Either 's' or 'z' is valid.

Comment

Touché; heheh anyhow, anyone have anything constructive to add?

I still have some unanswered questions regarding the editor, id love to know before i drop $40-60 for the ability to use the editors.

Comment

i have heard it said many times in videos, and in the collectors edition tutorials, that they are the official game tools, however you still require your own 3rd party apps to develop your own personal content to add to the game (ie photoshop, 3ds max etc), without these you can still create levels, however you are limit to the content that comes with the game (there is still a lot)

Comment

Thank you sir, i may have to pick this up just for all of that extra content. I just wish i didnt have to buy the game twice since i have it already for the PS3, but ohh well. I don't feel bad researching and supporting the industry.

Comment

Working...
                X