Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need tips on how to dodge using the keyboard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need tips on how to dodge using the keyboard!

I'm starting to get the hang of this game but I don't know how to dodge like all the good players. How do you do this on a keyboard? and is this possible to do using a controller? This for the pc game!

I use a controller mostly to move around and the mouse to aim and shoot. Any help would be appreciated

On keyboard, for ps3, I imagine it'd be jump (space) plus any direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
      On keyboard, for ps3, I imagine it'd be jump (space) plus any direction.
      ..on ps3 version, i think u cant do dodge jumps with keyboard, because have some "bug".. for now..

Comment

oops, I meant pc

Comment

For pc you tap the direction you want to go to twice really quick to dodge.. You might be able to do this with the controller but honestly I'd get used to using the keyboard for dodging because it works so good.. try my configuration. It may only take a week to get used to.. especially if you already used to looking around with the mouse etc.
          A=strafe left
          S=strafe right
          X=back
          Left Shift=jump
          Right Mouse Button=Foward
          Left Mouse Button=Primary Fire
          Middle Mouse Button=Alternate Fire
          G=Rocket Launcher
          F=Flak Cannon
          Q=Sniper Rifle

Comment

Also.. get a good mouse too if you don't already have one.. Get the logitech mx518 (best mouse i've ever used. my logitech G5 stopped working accurately after 3 months)
            It's better than the G5 and a about 20-30bucks cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by mtv2004 View Post
              oops, I meant pc
              To dodge just double tap your direction key, you wont see it unless your in behindview, I know this was available in ut99 but not sure how it works for ut3 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by champdee View Post
                Also.. get a good mouse too if you don't already have one.. Get the logitech mx518 (best mouse i've ever used. my logitech G5 stopped working accurately after 3 months)
                It's better than the G5 and a about 20-30bucks cheaper.
                A mouse effects how good you are in a pc game?

Comment

throw the keyboard to distract the enemy, then run the opposite way! (sorry couldnt resist lol) Good luck!

Comment

Try holding a direction like forward or back then double tapping left or right. Try the same thing with Holding left or right and double tapping forward or back. This way you're always moving in a direction and it makes it a little easier to dodge. You'll start to get the hang of it in a few hours of use. In no time you'll be flying off walls like crazy go nutz. It just takes a little practice.

Another trick is you can jump off walls using the same tactic described above. Just add a jump in there.

Hold forward (never let go) > Jump parallel to a wall > Double Tap left/right Away from the Wall.

If done right you should fly away from the wall.

Comment

Working...
                    X