Just a quick couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick couple of questions

Well, I played the demo and found it to be just as fun as old UT '99 so I decided to look into getting myself a copy. If I buy this game, I'm getting it purely for online multiplayer, not singleplayer, not bots. So:

1. About how players are online at any given time?
    2. Is the netcode good? (I don't want to be leading my shots or warping around sporadically)

I was ready to buy this game a few minutes ago, but I read some frightening reviews on Newegg about low amounts of players, and horrible lag. So before I buy, I need to get this straightened out...

well I havent noticed any lag issues (ok once when I was snipeing) but ya gota pick the right server which brings us to your first question

It really depends on ur favorite game type. I like CTF and vehicale CTF not alot of populated servers for CTF, VCTF has more, but if your into DM or Warfare there always seems to be a few games going.

But ya from what Ive seen not a very heavy popuilation going but seems to always be a few games going at normal times

would depened on where you are as well (time zone)

Sulin

Comment

Well you convinced me... ordering my copy on Gamestop.com now. Thanks for the quick reply man. I just can't stand to buy another game only to find that the online server list is completely empty lol.

Comment

for the past week, the insane lag has seemed to disappeared. And most of the time i seem to be playing against ppl from overseas and they say it doesnt lag either.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaosenemy View Post
          Well you convinced me... ordering my copy on Gamestop.com now. Thanks for the quick reply man. I just can't stand to buy another game only to find that the online server list is completely empty lol.
          Any reason in particular you bought at Gamestop for $50+tax? It's selling on Amazon.com for $40 with free shipping and no tax to most states. Better deal unless you had credit/gift cards to use up.

Comment

Originally posted by BeersOfWar View Post
            Any reason in particular you bought at Gamestop for $50+tax? It's selling on Amazon.com for $40 with free shipping and no tax to most states. Better deal unless you had credit/gift cards to use up.
            They have a deal right now where you get the Unreal Anthology free if you order UT3 online.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaosenemy View Post
              Im going to get blamed for this arent I

Comment

Originally posted by Sulin View Post
                Im going to get blamed for this arent I
                Rofl, nah, chances are I probably would've bought it either way.

Comment

Working...
                X